Does anyone eat Coyote?

Manzanita

12 pointer
Apr 16, 2006
Telecheck 018
Just because they're canines doesn't make them the same thing.

Yes. Yes, it does. In fact, if someone held a gun to my head and made me choose... although I'd choose a domesticated canine over a carrion eating nasty-ass coyote, I'd probably have to decide on whether they were serious about pulling the trigger first.

Some things, Amanda, were not made to be eaten by civilized humans.

MikeKy

10 pointer
Feb 17, 2008
I have eaten dog and survived even though I didn't know it was dog at the time. Used to get three sticks of BBQ'ed meat for a peso in the Philippines about every day. This was in 1969 or 1970. The girl that did the cooking always took two sticks off one pile and one stick off the other and grilled them up. I finally asked one day why that was and she said the bigger pile was pork and the smaller pile was dog. I quit snacking on BBQ meat sticks. Can't imagine eating coyote. I get pretty queazy from the smell just skinning them. Same for snapping turtle. Don't like the odor of either.

SmokeShow

10 pointer
Nov 11, 2013
Its been so long since I've had any, I can't remember the smell from cleaning snapping turtles but it can be really good when made right.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Just googled eating coyote and found all sorts of info. Pretty sure many native tribes ate it. I never have and don't want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeKy

10 pointer
Feb 17, 2008
Its been so long since I've had any, I can't remember the smell from cleaning snapping turtles but it can be really good when made right.

I know several folks that really like turtle. All say that you need to keep one in fresh clean water for about a week to purge it to get rid of the smell. I tried it once and thought it was about like chewing on an innertube. The guy that fixed it said he knew what he was doing and had cooked several. I couldn't chew it up and couldn't get that smell out of my mind.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Used to eat turtle often when I was young. I liked it but it was hit and miss on the toughness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevenvalleyagain

10 pointer
Aug 15, 2005
Valley station
Years ago when I was in grade school, I took tae kwon do at a place run by Koreans. We had a Christmas dinner and had a tasty yet very stringy barbecued meat that we later found out was dog. Dont think I would deliberately eat any canine again but it was edible.

Manzanita

12 pointer
Apr 16, 2006
Telecheck 018
Years ago when I was in grade school, I took tae kwon do at a place run by Koreans. We had a Christmas dinner and had a tasty yet very stringy barbecued meat that we later found out was dog. Dont think I would deliberately eat any canine again but it was edible.

I swear I would've taken some nunchucks after somebody... or a chair... or a chopstick... or anything I could get ahold of after telling me I just ate dog.

Latest posts