Do you wish we had a Veterans season next weekend??

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by FOWLER2671, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    Things the Feds give away

~Cell phones
    ~Housing
    ~Food
    ~Healthcare
    ~Pallets of cash to the Iranians

Things that commies want the feds to give away

~Single payer healthcare
    ~College funding
    ~Reparations
    ~Citizenship
    ~Special duck hunting dates because they want to stomp nest in February on the reverse migration in the name of entitlement.

BOWFINGER 2020
    “NOBODY HAS EARNED IT”

2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    A good morning to you, Lord Bowfinger. I have edited your poetic grammar, once again, and bid you a pleasant evening, as well.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  3. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    .I was at the arkie vet and youth hunt this weekend. Mixing the two is a bad idea.

4. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    That was Arkansas, while this is Kentucky. I believe that Kentucky Veterans paired up with Kentucky youth could show those filthy Razorbacks how it's really to be done. Nothing wrong with some friendly state to state competition.

5. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'

Then we should damn sure do away with ALL the youth hunts because soiling your diapers just doesn't qualify...

6. Marsh CallUser

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    I laughed.

7. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'

Nothing make you look more like a Bernie supporter then to oppose a small reward for people who wrote a blank check to Our Government for an amount up to and including their very lives..... Earned it WAS!

But to turn around and support the same benefit for kids WHO HAVE DONE NOTHING to earn it...? Daddy "Do I get to shoot today"??

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  8. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    As I stated from the start, I have supported Youth hunts and taken kids on them when possible. But God Forbid a Veteran get an extra two days...... I think the two groups are better off catered to on separate days. But I get the strong suspicion that those opposing a Veterans Hunt do so out of pure spite and jealousy..... Take a hard look in that mirror before calling me out for it!

9. hunt-4-life21

hunt-4-life21 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2007
    Butler Co.
    Between this thread and Mrs. Dubster running her jaw, it's easy to see why this forum is a ghost town. We have people opposing a kids youth hunt and veteran only hunt.

10. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Growing up I had to hunt during regular seasons. Dad took me and tried to put me in the best places of a chance to get a Deer. When I had kids of my own I did the same. Then the youth seasons began. So I took them on the youth hunts. I don't have a problem with youth hunts at all. Im taking a 19 year old now Goose hunting. His first year of doing it. Shot his first waterfowl ever with me Thursday morning one of the Goose banded. I was just excited for him as if I had took it.
    I spent 30 years Army retired. If we get 2 days don't matter to me. If we get them we get them we don't we don't. I have hunted just about everyday this season I can. Killed a bunch of Birds. By the 15th ill be worn out anyways.
    But to act like any VET is getting something for nothing. I don't see it. To see it is a give me I don't see it. We VETs signed to do a job most wont do. Missed birthdays holidays and kids grew up without us around most of the time. But we did it for our country. Not for advantages. Kids I love to watch them get into the hunting and fishing. They need that. But if VETs get 2 extra days ill hunt them and probably take a youngster with.
    My grandkids will be old enough before long and I cant wait to sit with them in a Deer stand a Duck blind during those youth seasons.
    Everything I have I earned. Didn't ask for nothing. Still don't. Never took a handout.

11. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    Nest stomper!!!

12. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    After being a DU Sponsor for 11 years, A member for about 20 years, Having been the Auctioneer, sold raffle tickets, run the minnow races at several local banquets as well as the State banquet at Barkley and putting out nest boxes.....

I'll wear that badge with PRIDE!!!

13. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    I just heard some geese in the air, and I actually heard some mid-afternoon, for the first time in a long while.

14. Marsh CallUser

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY

Hhhhhoooooooolllllllleeeee bbbbbbaaaaaallllllllsssssss batman. A grown man is still bitching about what kids get? Smh. No wonder those kids didn't want to hunt with you.

Bowfinger and Meatstick like this.
  15. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'

Actually, Kids that I've taken in the past still hunt and hunted with me when we had the chance this year...

Try again..