Do you wish we had a Veterans season next weekend??

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by FOWLER2671, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Quacksmaker04

Quacksmaker04 Fawn

Dec 18, 2016
    Lets have a serious discussion. To have extra days for this group or that group I don’t really care one way or the other. I’m only going to hunt when I can anyway. Introducing kids at a young age is a tried and true method. They may put it aside for other things but they will always remember the joy and memories made. They will know how to hunt if they ever decide to in the future. Now the elephant! I see someone say the 20-30 military crowd is the way to introduce and grow the sport and their was an article earlier about ptsd. Now days everyone comes home with PTSD and gets diagnosed so they can do what? Oh yes that Check the government hands out each month. (Disclaimer- I agree people come home all messed up and warped I’m not taking anything away from that fact). But the article forgets as well as everyone claiming PTSD. It’s a diagnosed mental illness. What’s the federal government say about buying owning a firearm when you have a mental illness?..... Furthermore if you fill out your FFL papers to purchase Said firearm legally and you check No i don’t have a mental illness. You are lying on a federal Document one of two ways.... Either you lied to get a fire arm or a check. With that being said there is a smooth 30.9% men and 26.9% women a staggering 20 out of 100 veterans most all 20-30 somethings that can’t legally own a firearm due to their own greed or Serious mental illness. Which ever the case they can’t hunt anyway.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    I chose a very short twig, and great grandmother sent me back for yet a different one, lol. Good thing great granddaddy had already passed away, my mother relayed, or it would have been leather straight razor strops...

3. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    The simple discipline (not beatings or torture) of consistency goes along way.

I'm in no need of your approval.

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  4. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I did not ask for the extra days from the Feds..... It was offered for past service! But it is the State that so far, has not passed on the bonus. Approved by the Feds...

Yes I will Proudly take advantage of them! Its a small "thank you" but Yes I will indulge as Yes, I missed a few years worth of seasons in my endeavors and travels.

5. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    Quite a few of us DO NOT have that issue.

If they do, then on a case by case basis it should be reviewed. Constitutional Rights can not be taken away from any group. It is an individual Right and Due Process is required to remove them.

If that's to be an issue, So would the kids with ADD/ADHD Prescriptions..... Or any other mental issue for that matter.

6. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    Maybe I did the same thing but since our Government is not a particular boss as much as it is an institution of the people, Maybe they figured out, or people that had the same experience made the change based on the past experience and efforts?

If you ever received a Christmas bonus etc I doubt You turned it back in?

7. Quacksmaker04

Quacksmaker04 Fawn

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree 100%. The board of education is not applied to the seat of knowledge near enough..... Lets talk about adults that shoot with their youth on a youth hunt? Should that be legal?

Bee likes this.
  8. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Waterfowl should be like Deer and Turkey. Only the youth shoot.

9. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    Not legal in KY for adults to shoot in youth season.

Bee and B.M. Barrelcooker like this.
  10. Quacksmaker04

Quacksmaker04 Fawn

Dec 18, 2016
    I‘m 100% aware it’s not! That don’t keep some people from killing a limit!
    You know what I mean?
    C1FC7AA4-F3A8-4D4E-BE2B-E8B01D07C9F7.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Bee and FOWLER2671 like this.
  11. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    So I think about it this way. If the vets get two special days to hunt on either or both ends of the season that’s 6 ducks a day or twelve ducks.

12 ducks for taking the oath and fighting for us doesn’t bother me one bit.
    I’ll go further to say it would be cool if they could apply those twelve ducks thru out the season so they could take advantage of the really good days.

and any grown man that shoots alongside the kids on youth only day is a selfish pig. The joy isn’t in pulling the trigger.

12. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    And there it is folks. Straight from the horses rear. Quoted from the Season/Weather prediction thread. It has nothing to do with exposing others to the sport. Ol' Chap just cant get it done anymore with "so many damn hunters keeping them shot out of his spots", so he needs to bully the youths out.

13. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'

Nice effort shorty....

Try again.

I do believe You were the one whinning about Veterans getting to hunt on the same day as the diaper fillers in Arky..

14. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Ridiculous... should have popped his little bottom with a quickness...

15. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    Yes I was. And you was the one advocating that vet hunts would introduce more viable hunters to to the sport vs. youth hunts. But here you are bitching about the amount of hunters, which proves my point that you just want to bully the youths during their weekend because you can’t get it done during the regular season.

Giveem3outdoors likes this.