Do you wish we had a Veterans season next weekend??

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by FOWLER2671, Feb 2, 2020.

1. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    Actually YES!!! Do all kids need it? No. But they should all be subject to the same punishment for the same indiscretion.

I strongly oppose the situations where schools would send a letter home to have parents sign a permission slip to paddle their kids. Treat them ALL THE SAME! If you attend the school; You should be subject to the same rules and punishments as all the other kids!

From what I understand, paddling has pretty much gone the way of the Dodo... Send them to a doctor for ADD and ADHD meds. A few may actually need the drugs but I feel the vast majority are over medicated.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    BootsOn27 and HuntressOfLight like this.
  2. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    Kids are a lot like dogs when it comes to discipline. If you are consistent in demanding good behavior, it doesn't take much once you have a foundation built. If you are in consistent then you will constantly be tested.

BootsOn27 and HuntressOfLight like this.
  3. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    My great grandmother had me pick my own switch from a tree, when I was between the ages of three to four. Deciding which branch to choose was the most painful and memorable part, lol. Needless to say, I learned at an early age to respect my elders, and so the teachers received no problems from me, because I knew better than to give them a difficult time, lol.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  4. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    Lots of ground to cover here

~So your okay with the same state dept. that is subjecting kindergartners to tranny story time, 9-10 yr olds to safe guidelines to having anal enter-course, telling little girls/boys they are a boy/girl trapped in a boys/girls body because the like sports or blue jeans and tee shirts over dresses, wielding the “board of education”!?!

~ I don’t think you have to worry about letters being sent home. The less you know the happier the state is. That’s been proven, so your good there

~ In regards to medication and medicated children. Autism rates in military families is 1-88 vs 1-150 in civilian life (2018 stats). Those same autistic kids you didn’t see growing up was in mental wards, in straight jackets, tied of to structures, heavily medicated up until 1982 when mental health in children was brought to the limelight. You can research all of this. It’s true. I’m sure the old “board of education” can fix it.

5. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Lord Bowfinger, those are statistics, and if you are as intelligent as I believe you to be, you realize that they mean very little. Couple that with a faulty "science", they mean much less. That aside, your seemingly disdain for those who serve our country within the military in order to protect you does interest me. Will you kindly elaborate upon why you resent those whom protect you, please?

6. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    The late great Jon Basset preached to me one day while I was helping him work dogs. We was getting Lola ready for her first field trial.

He said, I want you to watch as many dogs as you can. You are going to see some fine specimens. However after you’ve taken in a few long blinds, honors, and what not I want you to focus on the dogs approach to the line. You will see happy dogs, stubborn dogs, but most of all your going to see scared dogs. Dogs with their tails tucked in between their legs. Looking up at the handler in fear. Fear of the collar, fear of the stick. Beat into robots with no personality, no emotion, only fear. Most do it that way because it’s how you get more dogs through your kennel. Beat on em enough until they are broke and you send em home as a wash out or beat them into submission.

I miss Jon. He was one cool dude.

You sir however are not a cool dude.

7. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    Your confusing my disdain of the entitlement mentality for resentment. I wish I had served. I was focused on very fast cars and even faster women.

8. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    You are misinterpreting Fowler's words, and I believe such is intentional. The question is what is causing you to do so. I can assure you military is conditioned from day one that entitlement is not acceptable.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  9. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    EARNED IT mentality, is an entitlement train of thought. He earned the paycheck he agreed to. He earned the GI Bill. He knew what he was volunteering for! Nothing after that was earned. He now feels entitled to something he didn’t get in writing from the jump.

10. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    When you work for your employer, or if the case happens to be that your employees worked for you, did a monetary exchange for time and labor occur? A simple yes or no will suffice.

11. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    Yes
    However I knew the set exchange rate for time. Never have I gone back to an employer years after service petitioning for more compensation.

bowhunter269 likes this.
  12. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    How did I know that I would fail to receive a simple yes or no from you? I claim women's intuition, which is always strong, that you speak with a forked tongue.

Regardless, we agree that the exchange you agree occurred was "earned"; hence, an "earned it" mentality existed.

True or false

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  13. Bowfinger

Bowfinger 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2015
    In a Concrete Submarine
    False. I exchanged pieces of my life for a predetermined monitory value that falls way short of its worth.

14. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Lord Bowfinger, did your dear lovely mother fail to teach you that you should never argue with a woman? Your efforts, albeit grand, are simply futile.

Surely you realize the same holds true with military personnel, with one HUUUGE difference; military's "life" is ACTUALLY on the line, for your sake and mine, as well as those who are born after us. The sacrifice is far greater; hence, gratitude by us should be freely given, and a mere duck hunt at end of season could never suffice, but such is a start, which can also serve to teach all children what is righteous.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  15. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    I learned at an early age that the thicker switch might make a deeper bruise but the skinny ones burned longer.