Do you watch Man vs Wild or Survivorman?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by nitrox28, Jan 17, 2009.

1. nitrox28

nitrox28 Banned

Aug 4, 2003
    Lexington, ky, USA.
    I like Survivorman a little better than Man vs Wild but they are both great shows. Some of the crap those guys eat and drink! Sheesh. Don't know if I have a favorite episode.

2. KYhunter79

KYhunter79 12 pointer

Dec 11, 2003
    Irvington, KY
    Yeah, I watch both...but not religiously or anything.

A lot of times I'll catch like a marathon on a rainy day and end up watching the whole season.

3. lady estrus

lady estrus 6 pointer

Aug 31, 2008
    Ky
    We watch survivorman every once in a while, most are reruns. It is a pretty good show..

4. schroader

schroader 10 pointer

Dec 27, 2004
    down by the river,,,
    I watch survivorman every once in a while. I like it the best.

5. kycowboy

kycowboy Banned

Dec 11, 2004
    fuck off
    I like survivorman the best man vs wild has a whole crew with him

6. Yep, I like to watch both shows. The new Man vs. Wild series just started up again for the year.....:)

7. DoeMaster

DoeMaster 12 pointer

Feb 7, 2004
    Lexington, Ky, USA.
    Yep I watch them both. Survivorman is by far my favorite.

8. carpenterguy

carpenterguy 8 pointer

Nov 9, 2006
    Burkesville, Ky
    Never like bear...Survivor man is an incredible show.

9. Beretta-fan

Beretta-fan 6 pointer

Aug 20, 2008
    Salt Lick
  10. I'll take Man vs Wild over Survivor Man. Both are put in situations that they have people consult them on.
    One show survivor man said he was putting himself in a particular situation, but then a day later said he couldn't do it because it was too difficult...something about he had a broken leg? Yes he goes out alone, but its all part of a plan...do you honestly think he goes in without a route planned...either that or a locator on him?

11. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Les always carries a satalite phone on him and his crew is never that far away..Bear is up front about his crew being there but dosnt put up with as many hardships as Les..Though I really think that Bear is the tougher of the two..

12. yote hunter

yote hunter 12 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    bullitt county
    bear does and shows you how to do really stupid stuff if your lost in the wilderness.if your lost and cold and you break your leg by jumping in a river or runing down a steep slope your really screwed then.plus a night he just goes to the camper or hotel.

13. StaleyEMT

StaleyEMT 8 pointer

Jul 14, 2007
    Laurel Co.
    I watch both shows also.

14. Hammer

Hammer 12 pointer

Sep 2, 2002
    Bowling Green, Ky.
    I watch both, but I think man vs. wild is far more entertaining.

Survivorman just stays in one place usually. Bear actually moves around and does stuff.

15. TedB

TedB 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2005
    Nicholasville
    Judging from both shows I think that eventually bad things will happen to Bear or more likely bad things will happen to somebody that watched his show.

He's intertaining and does some pretty spectacular stuff but he's too fast, too hasty in his his decisions. To me the whole show seems staged. I flipped it over the other night and he had a 20 pound channel cat that he had caught out of knee deep water in a swamp. Had it by the mouth swinging it around like it was going to bite his little hand off. That was about as staged as it gets.

Les is more level headed, he uses proven survival techniques to survive but the show isn't really about surviving, it is about teaching other people to survive. Bear's show is just entertaining. Very few things he does actually carry over to a real survival situation.