Do you own land that borders a WMA?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Kentucky Charlie, Nov 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ezelkyhunter

Ezelkyhunter 8 pointer

Nov 28, 2013
    Trespassers suck all the way around. And they take the joy out of land ownership, planting plots etc in my opinion

Junglekat and Kentucky Charlie like this.
  2. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    We live in SE Anderson - it's about a 35 minute drive to the farm. We're out there at least once a week but....

3. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    The locals know exactly when you are there and when you aren't.......truly sad it has to be like that.

4. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    So true.... When they broke the window out of the camper & egged it, the little turd who I'm 99.9% sure did it kept riding back & forth on his bike watching us get everything cleaned & patched up. And be darned if they'll come to the door when you knock. My husband has been trying to confront them over the land now for about 3 weeks.

5. Kentucky Charlie

Kentucky Charlie Fawn

Mar 18, 2019
    Henry County KY
    Thank you all. I Posted just after some rabbit hunters walked up on my son and i on his first deer hunt. A good 700 yards on me. Then one of their pups mauled my rooster. Trespassers do dampen the few joys of owning land. And theres very little a person can do these days.

Maybe i do some paint bombs and at least get a laugh. Or get sued..

6. chadwimc

chadwimc 12 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    There's at least one poster on here that firmly believes your land is not yours. Trespassers should not be inconvenienced in any way. Our country is in a sad way...

NOCAMST likes this.
  7. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Sadly, about the only way to stop tresspassers is to be there. My problems stopped, (except for one coon hunter) after i built my house on my property. Finnally after a year i caught him. Luckily me, him, and the deputy sherriff all met up at the same time. Insults and threats were thrown on both sides, but no one went to jail. As far as i know, he never came back. Before building my home, i couldnt even leave a tree stand out. They would be stolen. People have no respect for personal property.

8. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Our farm is divided by a county road. No public property close. I've left the other side of the farm alone for 4 days in order to hunt it the last days. Initial wind friday wasn't best for over there but supposed to get good by 11. I planned an all day hunt, but was up the night before for a forest fire nearby. Anyhow I sat in a two man ladder that is very close to my barn. Bout 20 mins after first light I hear talking and it sounds like it's up the holler. I have a small clover field that I replanted and its up but not a valid food source this fall due to late planting. Anyhow I keep hearing it so I get down once light is very good and take a walk. As I come up over a knoll I see something odd and thru my binos I see 2 people sitting in a pop up blind set on the hump overlooking my field. I back off and call the warden who is fairly close, and knows the layout of my farm. Told him I'm gonna climb up in the stand behind them and to meet me there. 30 minutes later he meets me at my stand and we walk on down and greet em. So they recently rented the house down the end of the holler and use it for weekend "camp". They climbed over my gate which has a new no trespassing sign on it, as do the first trees where the fence is crossable. They said they didn't think I would mind them killing just one buck. They had no licenses and both had a rifle. I let the game warden handle them and he made it blatantly clear that they were not allowed on the property and that a return trip for any reason, hiking, hunting etc. would result in a criminal trespass charge. He confiscated their blind and gave it to me. I know the landowner who rents the house, told them not to go up in there and gave them permission on his place but it was to easy. They got tickets for hunting w/o license, hunting w/o landowner permission, trespassing, and something else I can't remember. Warden is gonna let me know if they decide to go to court, if so I'll be there. Turns out they were the ones on camera first week of November, that camera hangs low so I couldn't see anything above the waistline. Guess I'll be putting a Tactacam in a location to capture anyone that comes in that holler.

9. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    G
    Glad you got them. Keep us posted on what the judge does to them. Hopefully more then a wrist slap.

10. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Surprised there guns weren't confiscated.

11. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    I’d probably just sell it and buy another place.

12. wprebeck

wprebeck 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    I know the area quite well. Before moving to TN, I hunted on a friend's farm just past Chaplin (Fairmount Rd). His place is literally on the county line, as the neighbor is in Nelson and my buddy is in Anderson.

I hunted there at least 15 years and things were never bad as far as criminals. But, the last year or three saw him losing stuff out of his barn more and more. I never had issue with trespassers there and had the run of the place. Guess things are going to the crapper.

13. wprebeck

wprebeck 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Who the eff is that retard?

Junglekat likes this.
  14. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    We're North of there (like I said, the farm backs up to Taylorsville WMA) and all the way out almost at the end of a dead end road that runs into the WMA. (F&W closed that access years ago but people keep busting the gate down anyway.)

Unfortunately, theft & vandalism are everywhere nowadays.... Seems the majority of problems out at the farm are teenagers who haven't been taught RESPECT. A group of them on 4-wheelers pulled a pistol on one of our neighbors out there who tried to stop them from trespassing on our farm. I'm 99.9% sure the vandalism was done by middle schoolers.

And if it's not out of control teenagers, it's druggies looking for something they can sell....

15. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    Good
    Good for you ! Word gets out when tresspassers get caught and fined. You did the right thing. Of course you will always be the ‘asshole next door’, but at my age, im fine with that !

KYote-Krusher likes this.