Do you eat fish eggs?

Tufrthnails

10 pointer
Oct 27, 2014
Lakeland, FL
Yep Granddad got me started on Bluegill eggs. The wife thinks me and the boy are disgusting when we fry up a batch. I got the neighbor hooked on them just this last year between fish roe and deer hearts he is loving poking in to see what I'm frying up on the back porch! I served him up some fried deer heart back in Feb and he said he's neck shooting all of his deer from now on.

zone1

8 pointer
Jan 3, 2011
Many moons ago I was at a wedding when they insisted i try caviar. I gaged and spit it up on the buffet line. Did not go over good.

mudhole crossing

12 pointer
Aug 20, 2007
East ky
Yep Granddad got me started on Bluegill eggs. The wife thinks me and the boy are disgusting when we fry up a batch. I got the neighbor hooked on them just this last year between fish roe and deer hearts he is loving poking in to see what I'm frying up on the back porch! I served him up some fried deer heart back in Feb and he said he's neck shooting all of his deer from now on.
I cringe at the hearts I've left in the gut pile until too years ago I tried them. The best tasting and texture part of a deer imho

JR PORTER

10 pointer
May 1, 2014
KNOTT CO. KY
Didn't quite know where to post this, fishing, eating, or general. I always think of eating first, so here it is!

I was cleaning a mess of bluegill the other night, saving the eggs like Dad always did when I was growing up. Mom fried them up just like the rest of the fish. Me & my brother would squabble over who got them if there was only a few, we liked them so much. Po Boy Caviar.

My wife found it disgusting that I would eat them, so I tell her everyone around here does it. Problem is, I can't find anyone outside of my immediate family who does. Not even my cousins, who I always figured would eat anything.

Anyone else out there like them?
Never tried them.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
At the pond last night just messing around and caught a big fat girl, my friend was going to use her for cut bait so I took the eggs home experimenting around and fried them up, first time I've ever tried them, wasn't terrible, taste just like bluegill for me it was the mouth feel that was weird but probably give them a six out of 10

Latest posts