Do we have any Muskie fishermen in here??

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by rockhousehunter, Sep 20, 2020.

1. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Just curious. I love to go after them from Mid September to the end of October. I've caught a few but we fish hard.

2. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    I fish for them every chance I get. Hooked some giants at boat or seen them follow. Never landed one. My brother could catch one on a Popeye jig???

rockhousehunter likes this.
  3. gettin bit

gettin bit Fawn

Jul 14, 2017
    Woodford Co.
    I love to fish for them but since moving to KY I have been boat less. I have intentions of changing that this coming year. I have been fortunate to fish for muskies in PA,NJ,KY, and MN. If anyone has an open seat in their boat I am more than willing to split the cost of a day on the water to chase muskie. No one likes netting their own muskie!!

4. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    If I can get some time you are welcome for a green river trip. Can’t fish for them at Dale.

5. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 12 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    That's my dream #bucket list to catch a musky

6. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Muskie are a myth. I hate em so bad.
    But I'll be after them for the next month or so. Usually fish Green, but I'm gonna make the haul a couple times to Cave Run as well this fall. To my best count, I've fished for them 24 outings now, always at least half a day and we fish hard. I bet I got $3000 in muskie specific tackle. I still ain't even hooked one. Had several follows and have netted a couple small ones for others. Ol John Swister taught me all he could before he passed, so I'm not just stumbling around clueless, it just seems like it lol. Have caught some monster bass on them big azz lures, but nary a muskie. This is my year tho lol

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Munson, rockhousehunter, Nock and 2 others like this.
  7. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    There used to be a father son on here that would wear them out on the river. Haven’t seen em post in awhile

8. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Sound a lot like me.

9. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I've never fished for them, but I've caught a few on Green while bass fishing. Brought a 7-8 pounder in the boat on the hookset while flipping. I thought it was going to break everything.

Gforcetrivers and CRFmxracer like this.
  10. Riflelooney

Riflelooney 6 pointer

Aug 7, 2016
    They are the only thing I fish for.

Heres a mixture of creek and lake fish. I fish the creeks most of the time and is what I prefer. But fall on cave run can be magical.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Musky in your browns. :)

dirtstalker, Riflelooney and Munson like this.
  12. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Water woofs is what donnie baker would call em lol. Dad went with his brother a few times lately and they boated a few keepers on the lake(cave run). He said he'd never seen so many ppl fishing for em as he went to some of our hotspots from back in the day when we fished for em. Ive lost the enthusiasm to chase the onry things but I liked fishing rivers better...LESS ppl, more wood/ drifts to fish and the ppl you do see aren't (or most) full of bs or "pros" haha. "Some"of the guides on the lake need a good 7'6" heavy action st.croix took upside their head for the foolish/ childish behavior and stunts they pull...:eek:

Anyway, now is the time to boat them bigguns' even tho I liked the springtime action better. :cool:

13. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    My neighbor from a previous house i owned is addicted. I go with him when i can. We are still figuring it out. Was supposed to go this weekend but im out till mid October

14. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 10 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Dang Dude! I want to catch one on the fly!

CRFmxracer likes this.
  15. CRFmxracer

CRFmxracer 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2010
    louisville kentucky
    Th
    That would be unreal