DIY Arrows

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by jfiscus, Aug 12, 2020.

1. jfiscus

jfiscus 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2013
    Kenton County
    If you have the FB I made a post up on how to DIY bowfishing arrows. They work, but the tips aren't that great. I've had a couple break off and a couple others that were/are faulty and flipped back letting the fish off. But, nothing comes close to them on price...

https://www.facebook.com/jason.fiscus.7/posts/10222220393074416

CRFmxracer likes this.
  2. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    How are you or whats causing you to lose arrows? I bought several arrows three yrs ago when we started fishing, thinking we'd go through a bunch, but we have not lost any and have only replaced one (due to being hit by another arrow).

3. jfiscus

jfiscus 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2013
    Kenton County
    Shooting them enough that the retainer screw comes out and the arrow just keeps on going is the number one problem.
    Getting them stuck between rocks or cables on the bottom is the number two problem.
    We take a lot of kids/first timers out also.
    We are bank fishers, you don't have this kind of issue usually when boat shooting.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  4. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    I could see where shooting form bank that would be a problem. Broken nocks are only problem I’ve had. And that has been from smacking the side of boat.

1wildcatfan likes this.
  5. jfiscus

jfiscus 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2013
    Kenton County
    FWIW, on a 3-day trip recently over 5 arrows broke in different ways between two shooters. Mostly broken/damaged tips.