Disrespect

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by BadDuck, Nov 20, 2009.

1. BurleyDog

BurleyDog 10 pointer

Jul 4, 2007
    keep up the good work ace!

2. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Thank you, I do what I can....

I've taken many kids around here fishing and hunting...as well. I LOVE this country and hunting and fishing, shooting and owning guns, reloading and a whole host of other things, I LOVE to share all that with the newer generations as well...

Thing is there isn't much point in worrying about the children's hunting future, when their very future under these liberals is in serious danger.

You cannot as a Nation continue to spend so much on "nothing of substance" and expect things to "just work out" any more than you can get laid off from work and max out your credit cards on silly things, it Will catch up with both and faster than most realize...

I am personally not as concerned with these issues I keep bringing up for myself, but I most certainly am for my children, your children and their children and so on...

The truth of the matter is , it's their burden that has been and is still being created, yes that obviously bothers me, seems to the point I've offended a few folks, for that I am sincerely sorry, it was not my intent to ever irritate or offend, rather to educate and possibly get things moving in the right direction.

No one person (outside of politics especially) can change things "overnight", but by letting the fine folks here know things are as bad as they are and only getting worse, that just might get them talking (at work, church, school, so on ) and thus many more folks become aware. Aware/educated voters make better more informed decisions...

IF we remain silent through outright autocracies aimed at our children, their children and on down the line, we don't deserve them, they deserve much better than that IMHO

Like most here, I do tend to get a bit "worked up" on things I deem important and vital in this regard.

I for one would like to see This Adminstration INVEST in the USA and it's future ....things like a much better educational system, USA crude oil - (which we have but the Libs won't let US touch our own , they want us to be dependent on other areas and countries):rolleyes: More and better doctors (not fewer less qualified which IS what we'll get under "Universal Health Care", ) , I want to see MORE jobs (not fewer, and the ones moving to Mexico or wherever on a daily basis nearly) , Lower unemployment , rather than rising, and a whole host of other things...

"I" don't care Where the Olympics are held, or other foolishness in this economy, IMHO the USA has much bigger concerns, but hey maybe that's just me...

Case in point:

The Obama-Reid-Pelosi Spending Agenda Produced Deficit Of $176 Billion Last Month Alone.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  3. SmokeyBear

SmokeyBear 8 pointer

First off I am not a big Obama fan, or a fan of any politician for that matter. A politician is a politician regardless if there is a R or a D in front of his/her name, they all just tell us what we want to hear. Yes, I agree the country was in a lot better shape back when Bush TOOK office, but he had nothing to do with that. He did however manage to run us and the country into the ground over those 8 years he was "leading" us. He was, is and will always be a blooming idiot!

4. Ky'sFinest

Ky'sFinest 10 pointer

that is the way it should be. the dems in power say you are wrong for being so self centered and selfish for not enslaveing yourself to others.

this country was made in a way that we should not fear legislation that would limit our freedoms. that day is over. the people are at the mercy of the media and the politicians.

look how the whole "swine flu epidemic" played out.

5. bcdh1

bcdh1 12 pointer

Feb 1, 2006
    Sorry guys....hate to inform you of what was going on here, but just go a memo from the white house chief of staff and that the monitor that is covering up the soldier in the middle was actually his tele-promptor and had not started up before the playing of the national anthem. Our pRESIDENT did not know that he was suppose to cover his heart or even salute.

Just an FYI

6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

If you would take one minute and watch the video on Snopes (link provided twice in this thread) Maybe you would understand why the president didn't have his hand over his heart at the moment the photo was taken....and it has nothing to do with a tele-promptor.

7. Lost_in_the_woods

Lost_in_the_woods 6 pointer

Nov 15, 2008
    graves county
    Yes it is and since the debate on health care reform will now be done, I am fearful it will pass and we will start seeing more of our freedom and free enterprise gone. Hope everyone who voted for change is happy that taxes will go up just disguised as other things. I am going to loose my choice to not have healthcare which will now mean that I most likely will have to get a second job to pay for it. I can cut other things out of my life and just work the one job, but I should not have to. I feel pity for those in this country who thing they deserve everything and it should just be given to them. When it all falls to pieces though I will not be there to help them anymore. When they are starving expecting the government they so depend on to give them food, I will not feed them. I might show them how to get their own meat and food, but it will not be gotten for them by my hand. This is what we all as hunters and fisherman should be teaching our children. Self reliance for when they are older.

8. rick243

rick243 10 pointer

Oct 16, 2005
    SouthEast Ky
    Post turtle

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher,
    who's hand was caught in the gate while working cattle,
    the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man.
    Eventually the topic got around to Obama being our president.

The old rancher said, "Well, ya know, Obama is just a 'Post Turtle'."

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post turtle'? was.

The old rancher said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'."

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain.

You know he didn't get up there by himself.

He doesn't belong up there.

He doesn't know what to do while he's up there.

And you just wonder what kind of dumb-azz put him up there to begin with.

[​IMG]

9. ky_bull

ky_bull 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2005
    Washington County
    Ive said it once and Ill say it again, modern day politics and politicians are a joke. 99% of them dont have the american citizens best interest in mind, they only care about one thing, themselves. Republican or Democrats, it doesnt matter, the lobbyist and money control the government. And the balme pretty much lies on the voters, we are either too stupid to know the difference or to complacent with the current system to care. If America continues to go down the same road it has traveled for decades, we will end up like the Roman Empire. A once great country that once was ruled by the people, only to be brought to extinction by a false, misleading and corrupt governing body.

10. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Have you read the health care bills??

The "regular taxpayers" will not see any raise in their taxes to help pay for this until 2013-2014. Guess who will get the blame then? Who ever is in office at the time. Besides the "rich" the first people to start paying for this is the people in Medicare, theyb will start to see the cuts in Medicare as early as 2010.

11. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    ONLY the "debate" is (so far at least) going on, After Thanksgiving break........They have vowed to not pass ANY version of it this year (and I don't think they will)...I don't think it would be on the floor for debate "at all" Had Slick Wily not begged for this (which is quite telling IMO)

The truth is as More Americans see what it's really all about (control not " a more healthy America") more are outraged and I believe the Senate sees this and they are frightened by the prospect of passing this (as they well should be). They managed to "stall it" that long, now the "debate will begin after the break"......that's a very far cry from even beginning to be voted on , much less passed.

Whatever they do, it will not pass "as is written now", the votes are not even close, that is no secret...

So IOW we still have hope they will stall this until the balance of power is much more balanced,(after the elections) which will leave the whole thing dead where it should be :)

I will predict that many House seats will no longer have many of those in them who voted for this foolish plan, and politicians care more about that , then anything else, they will take notice!

12. Lost_in_the_woods

Nov 15, 2008
    graves county
    Yes I have looked at the healtcare bills multiple times and they sicken me all around. I know I will that the way any read right now I am either getting taxed or going to jail unless I get insurance. Free will and freedom gone out the door. Not what this country is supposed to be about. And before anyone says I am one of the ones to blame for the mess. I make to much to get any hardship so I pay the bills not anyone else.

13. Lost_in_the_woods

Nov 15, 2008
    graves county
    Yup still has me worried though that one of the idiots up there wont pay attention to what the people are saying. And you right will most definately be a few different faces come next year I would say