Different type of question about deer hunting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Grey, Nov 6, 2017.

1. rlb165

rlb165 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Since I made that last post, I've been really busy, doing a lot of research, making phone calls, etc. Here's what I know so far:
    As far as I can tell, none of the used book stores in my area carry the kind of content mentioned earlier in this thread.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    itstherush and elkaholic like this.
  2. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    Everything in life is not certain anything can happen or may never happen , you only hope for the best .

A plot watcher can be concealed easily . A tree with a rotten hole in it or a down log , a rock pile .All that has to be pointed out is the round camera lens
    You can also place a camera pointing at the first one .

I have looked at the spypoint tiny WBF wireless cameras . I just don't know if they are worth the money or not .

3. I didn't say

I didn't say Fawn

May 28, 2017
    Over here.
    If treestand is in a tree that is on your property cut tree down with chainsaw with stand still in it. And every tme you see them come around go outside start shoot some type of firearm. They will get the hint.

4. jamesw

jamesw 6 pointer

Mar 23, 2011
    seky
    I had deer eating my beans this year and tried everything to keep em out. A neibor of mine who has been gardening for years told me to cut up irish springs soap real fine and scatter it around my garden. Sure enough, Never had another deer in my garden the rest of the growing season. I did however re apply the soap every couple of weeks. I would also wipe it on tree bark and fence posts around the area. The stuff is cheap. Give it a try.
    I will put it this way. I know what im not bathing with friday night.

5. Grey

Grey Spike

Nov 15, 2013
    I appreciate your replies a lot. Some are totally serious and might work. Some are totally hilarious and come from people that I might like to meet and share a joke or two with. Others come from people that definitely see things in a different way. To all a happy deer season.

6. GentlemanHunter

GentlemanHunter Spike

Aug 10, 2017
    Fayette County
    This is especially true as convicted felons aren't allowed to have firearms, only bows and crossbows.

7. shaman

shaman 10 pointer

That may be a good sign.
    Try Ebay

rlb165 likes this.
  8. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    Document this activity with your phone first. Take pics, video, whatever. If you confront him, record the conversation and post online for all to see. The fact that he is baiting on your land is needs to be addressed. Having evidence when you contact LE might help.

9. itstherush

itstherush 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2010
    Grayson co
    Mothballs and a slingshot. Diesel fuel works well. Human hair or urine. But that will likely mess up everyones hunts. including yours if you hunt this property. I assume you do. Had a neighbor with similar issue. A well placed 4x8 piece of plywood on nearby tree off the ground as a billboard can deter anyone if they cant see around it....lol At 6 ft its hard to shoot around it....

May be worth noting, that a Felon cannot have a firearm in the household ... Whether they own it or not.... Just a thought.... If it came down to it, its a bigger offense than trespassing.