Did they just block it all?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bassvax, Jan 13, 2022 at 1:54 PM.

1. bassvax

bassvax 8 pointer

Jul 25, 2007
    WKY
    ...except for healthcare workers in units receiving federal money.

Does this mean the mask mandates are out too?

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/us/politics/supreme-court-biden-vaccine-mandate.html

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Thursday blocked the Biden administration from enforcing a vaccine-or-testing mandate for large employers, dealing a blow to a key element of the White House’s plan to address the pandemic as cases resulting from the Omicron variant are on the rise.

But the court allowed a more modest mandate requiring health care workers at facilities receiving federal money to be vaccinated.

The vote in the employer mandate case was 6 to 3, with liberal justices in dissent. The vote in the health care case was 5 to 4, with Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. and Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh joining the liberal justices to form a majority.

The employer mandate would have required workers to be vaccinated against the coronavirus or to wear masks and be tested weekly, though employers were not required to pay for the testing. There were exceptions for workers with religious objections and those who do not come into close contact with other people at their jobs, like those who work from home or exclusively outdoors.

2. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
  3. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 10 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Doesn't make sense to me. Enough HC workers quit or get fired whose gonna take care of sick or next virus. What was Supreme Court thinking. 5-4 vote.

bassvax likes this.
  4. GTbowhunter

GTbowhunter 8 pointer

Aug 26, 2020
    Owensboro
  5. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    No surprise on the HC ruling. You take federal money you play by federal rules.

6. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Ole Joe says for employers to still have their employees get vaccinated. He is a hard headed ole bastard.

7. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    In my opinion it shouldn't matter if you are in healthcare and take federal money. You should not lose your individual rights no matter what. I don't recall anything in the Bill of Rights or Constitution stating rights are just for those that take no money from the government.

8. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Your employer can mandate it. Federal government is the employer

9. baknblack

baknblack 12 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    Sad the court does not care about the that.

Feedman and bassvax like this.
  10. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    I’ll bet Brandon is gonna be mad when he gets up from his nap and drinks his Ensure.

Feedman likes this.
  11. Doug 16

Doug 16 6 pointer

Jun 7, 2020
    New york
  12. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    Not at all, they just chipped away another little piece of it. Anyone thinking this is any form of a win has been blinded by all the bullshit. The left is doing somersaults over this because they won a small battle in that war.

bondhu and Bullet&bow like this.
  13. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Not necessary. A hospital can be private yet take money from the government and they still force the workers to get it. The government should have no more power over my rights than anyone else.

cedar ridge and littlebear like this.
  14. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Not surprised by Roberts...expect as much. Way to go Kavanaugh.....I wish Blazy Ford would have hung him by his sac now. 1 more counterfeit.

gung, Feedman and barney like this.
  15. Roberts must have screwed a kid on Epstein Island and they have video or something smfh.