Did DJT just launch the third party?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by muddhunter, Jan 23, 2021.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    That's a great concept, but it will never work, IMHO. There are already way more democratic voters than GOP. You split the GOP, and we stand no chance of ever winning the presidency again.

2. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Only way to beat them is offer $20.00 a hour minimum wage!

bondhu likes this.
  3. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Pretty sure they have already beaten themselves. Question remains as to how much damage they can do to our country in the meantime.

4. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    The way to beat them is to sit back and let Biden do his thing for 2.5 years.... It's going to be a economic disaster. Then find a good candidate and get behind HIM. Cruz is a frontrunner, IMHO.... Bottom line, we can't be dividing the party, period.

Ataulbe1 and Feedman like this.
  5. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    We just need to stick together and cleanse the party of the Rhinos and globalists. Geographically, we already control 80-85% of the country, it's the big city vote that is killing us.

TripleGee likes this.
  6. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Gas is gonna hit $4.00 by mid Summer, if not earlier. The surprise for the left is gonna be their increased taxes. The non-working left voters are going to love Biden. The working left voters are going to be pissed. That minimum wage increase is going to affect everybody. Throw in the lost jobs that are going back overseas due to corp tax increases, it should be an easy win in 2024, if the GOP doesn't self-destruct....

7. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Well it SHOULD be, but that assumes it is going to be a NON RIGGED election, and I don't think there will ever be another one.

Trapper Delk, TripleGee, Carl and 5 others like this.
  8. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My thoughts exactly, they know now how easy it is to do ,and get by

TripleGee, KYote-Krusher and barney like this.
  9. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    The Dems and the GOP will lose members to a real 3rd party. There have to be a bunch of disgusted folks on both sides. The only way it can work is if they get enough candidates to run and unseat Reps and Senators to make them have some power inside the Swamp.

Carl and KYote-Krusher like this.
  10. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    That's very possible, and probable, like the teaparty. But no chance for presidency.

11. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    I think the Presidency isn't out of the question, but the Party numbers would have to be huge.

12. raidergson

raidergson 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2010
    Garrard County
    I agree....We have to remember that Trump pretty much ran as a third party candidate, and us who supported that, enabled him to actually win the major party’s nomination. Some of the Republicans fell in, and some didn’t, but he had no other GOP forerunner to worry about afterwards. It can work, but he will have to transform more current dems and independents to counter existing Republicans who might vote for the true Republican. The way to win is to support the next Republican, and transform current Biden voters who had enough of the dems bonehead policies.

13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Heck, I don’t care about “winning”, something different needs to happen to shake things up. Whether it’s Trump or someone else. You all have heard me say for years that I’m tired of “chicken or fish” being the only choices. Also tired of being labeled. Your a Republican, here’s a list of what you are, go follow like a good boy. And same goes for the other side. Both sides have turned into straight party lever pulling puppets. I have always voted because I feel like it’s my responsibility as an American but right now it would be hard to get me to the polls. Sadly, I was already sick of it all before the election and then all the garbage of the past couple months has sealed it for me.

Carl, Nock and KYote-Krusher like this.
  14. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    What in the world would make anyone think that a Republican candidate is EVER going to beat a Democrat in any kind of a major race after this last fiasco?

The Democrats own us ... and at least 3/4ths of the Republicans are so deep in the swamp with them that they wouldn't dare do anything that would actually oppose them ... other than run their mouth. Was there ONE SINGLE prosecution of any of the crooks that lied, cheated and swore on their mother's graves that Trump was a Russian agent for FIVE YEARS!! Has one single Democrat even been charged with any wrong doing in this last election with thousands of signed statements of illegal voting activity ... HELL ... the "so called" Republicans can't even get a judge to LOOK AT IT!!

Folks ... the ONLY way we're ever going to get our country back is by supporting a completely new set of ...... "hopefully" honest patriots. An entirely new political party ... with an established leader like Donald Trump ... seems to me to be the only way we can accomplish that in the short term.

Trapper Delk, hunt, TripleGee and 4 others like this.
  15. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    It takes numbers bro, and there ain't no way a third party is going to get those numbers....