Deviled eggs

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by kyoutdoorsman, Apr 21, 2019.

1. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Boil your eggs ad a teaspoon of baking soda, helps with the skinning. One it comes to a hard boil remove for burner set for 10 min and cool. Then rinse out hot water with cold water and let rest

Eggs
    Miracle whip or Hellman's
    Around 2 teaspoons of sugar
    A shot of mustard
    Salt
    Pepper
    Blend real well and stuff in a baggie down in a cup fill it up half way squeeze out air cut corner off of baggie , just a little corner and squeeze to fill up eggs. And top with praprika .and use the rest for egg salad sandwich, mmmm good. I'm gonna try a little franks hot sauce next batch and a shot of worchestire

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Hard to beat a deviled egg.

3. HappyHunter

HappyHunter 8 pointer

Sep 11, 2003
    Louisville
    I like em with a jalapeño slice on them.

4. rlb165

rlb165 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    We had our Easter dinner at my Mom and Dad’s yesterday, and Mom made deviled eggs. Same recipe as yours, just without the sugar. They were really good. I ate a bunch of them.
    I’m going to try making some with a few bacon bits in them.

barney likes this.
  5. Luther's Feist

Luther's Feist 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2014
    Coeburn, Va
    They are really good with a shot of sracha on em

6. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Love some deviled eggs!!! So many ways to fix 'em! My family's version includes zucchini relish, mustard & paprika...

Years ago, I fixed a big batch of them for a company picnic. Our new boss ate one & asked WHO FIXED THIS?!?!?!? I tentatively said they were mine & he hollered out "I DIDN'T KNOW WHITE PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO COOK LIKE THIS!!!!!!!" I swear he ate half the tray....

7. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Next time, try a little Tony Chacheres on top of them instead of Paprika

8. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Thanks Jr .I am making them this weekend . Making Boston butt, potato salad,coleslaw, cabbage, bake beans, and desert and deviled eggs .

9. Absolute best ones I ever put down my gullet. The two secret ingredients that made the difference was adding a tablespoon or two of softened butter and 2-3 teaspoons of sweet gherkin pickle juice to yolk mixture. Wowza!

[​IMG]

10. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Hot damn! That's what I'm talkin bout drakeshooter. Deviled eggs bring out the Steve McQueen in me.

barney and drakeshooter like this.
  11. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Those look great DS, my Mom always put sweet pickle juice in them and I had totally forgotten about it.
    Did you ever notice that when you go to one of those Gathering Type meals that the first thing to disappear is the Deviled Eggs? I scope it out and try to nab a couple.

drakeshooter likes this.
  12. Ugh just noticed one my little terrier’s hairs on full display lol. I’ve got 3 dogs inside and that is the worst part for me. Hate hair.
    [​IMG]

barney and Munson like this.
  13. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Baahaha I hadn't spotted that one but if it's on my plate I will! I can't stand it all over everything in the house. My boxer comes in at night but doesn't have full privileges of the house(furniture, bedroom) , and she's cool with that, or better be lol.

barney and drakeshooter like this.
  14. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    The OC
    I like to put some ground chipotle on mine.