Deer tracking dogs/services

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by keith meador, Sep 8, 2020.

1. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

If you are able to provide tracking services, post up your contact information, complete with County/Counties that you are willing to travel to, and a telephone/cell phone number. Please do not post up pricing, if you charge for your services. This post is not intended to start a bidding war on services. It is intended to get hunters in contact with someone to track their deer.

2. allseasonhunter

allseasonhunter 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2010
    Keith from the 8 years I tracked I found there aren't many that actually do this. Those that did didn't have experience and were mostly trying to train their dogs and were doing this service to get on a trail to try their dog. I know of at least 2 dozen deer we went on after another dog that we mine found. There is one that I do know of in western ky but I don't have his contact and one that was just starting out from the brandenburg area last year. I hate it that my dog is just too old to go anymore as I have had to turn down so many calls the last 2 seasons of being retired. I have almost taken a few of those without the dog just because over the 8 years we tracked and 181 deer we recovered I could almost do it better myself without a dog than some that were doing it when we were going non stop. I still get calls and try to give them all the advice I can over the phone but again there is nothing that beats a well trained experienced nose of a dog.

CRFmxracer and Feedman like this.
  3. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Give them a call. They have tracking teams all over the state. 41B4E285-FF41-4F67-B0F3-4991285299E6.jpeg

CRFmxracer and kyhunter99 like this.
  4. BowOnly

BowOnly 8 pointer

Mar 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  5. There is nothing better than watching working dogs work.

Timholt70 likes this.