Deer Tag Question

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by N3tT3chMan, Oct 8, 2009.

1. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    I'm new to this and bought my tags but don't know what I'm entitled to shoot... I looked on the web site and it says "Resident Deer Permit - Required to hunt deer. Entitles the holder to two deer." so does that mean I can take two bucks? or does it have to be a buck and a doe?

2. The statewide deer permit allows for the harvest of either an antlered deer (deer with visible polished antler, not a button buck) and one antlerless deer, or two antlerless deer. Depending on the Zone in which you hunt you may harvest an additional two antlerless deer in Zone 2,3, or 4, or an unlimited harvest of antlerless deer in Zone 1. The bonus antlerless permit is a $15 purchase and it includes the harvest of two antlerless deer within that purchase. Hope this helps!

3. EKYHUNTER

EKYHUNTER 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2009
    with ur resident deer tag u have 2 tags.....buck/doe....and doe.....and can buy bonus doe tags.....

4. KyBucks10

KyBucks10 12 pointer

Dec 5, 2008
    Burgin, Kentucky
    sorry im not tracking to hijack your thread, but i have a question regarding tags as well. okay so i have my sportsmans license. with that i get the 2 tags. buck/doe and doe. now hypothetically, i go hunting this weekend and i kill 2 does...is my buck tag gone? should i buy bonus tags before i start wackin 2 does?

by the way, im hunting in zone 1

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  5. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    Not familiar with the sportsmans license guidelines. However, if what your saying is that you get a buck, doe & doe with a sportsmans license and you go out and kill two does, than you should still be able to take a buck. If you take three does, I would assume the third one would eliminate your buck.

But your in a different zone than I am. I'm just responding on what I read in your post.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  6. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Yes so buy a bonus tag before whacking two does.

7. 365archer

365archer Spike

Jan 23, 2008
    Elizabethtown Kentucky
    the sportsman license does not include bonus tags. so if you shoot two does before you buy bonus tags, you lost your buck tag. so i would recommend buying bonus tags. i bought two extra, used them this past weekend, so i'll be going to wallyworld today for more.

8. N3tT3chMan

N3tT3chMan Spike

Sep 10, 2009
    Louisville
    cool glad i asked... how would i find the zone im hunting in? im going to be hunting in Larue county hodgenville area..

9. CRFoster68

CRFoster68 8 pointer

Jan 7, 2009
    Fort Thomas
    Don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't shoot! Just go shoot what you want.

10. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

That makes no sense.

11. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

sure it does ....he might be a poacher:eek::eek::D:D
    or maybe he is mocking some of the other threads going on

12. CRFoster68

CRFoster68 8 pointer

Jan 7, 2009
    Fort Thomas
    It was just a joke! I just thought that was a silly question. I mean if you haven't hunted in KY before, you think you would do some more research other that asking a bunch of strangers on a forum.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  13. Getchasum

Getchasum 10 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    NKY

My name is Jay were not strangers anymore

14. CRFoster68

CRFoster68 8 pointer

Jan 7, 2009
    Fort Thomas
    Now that's funny there!