Deer season in the life of an old Carp

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Oh
Randy: Another feature of ONX is that you can send me a waypoint, like where your favorite stand is, and I can go to it .
, yea…., i got a waypoint for ya at Green River Lake state park. Feller went down there and killed 2 does within about 3 minutes. I packed 1/2 of one out.
But you aint gonna like it…… 😀

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
I hunted one of those places there many years ago, got the biggest doe I have see so far, took some doing to get deboned meat out, I was much younger then. Now without folks like the Sandman I am out of the game! I’ll hunt the close camp deer. Like those that come to camp and play under the monkey bars! ...
2A00151D-D533-40D1-BCAB-38D8D5FEA00A.jpeg

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
If a friend comes by your house and gifts you with a practically new crossbow would you consider that to be a sign? 😂
His son bought it for him a few years ago along with one for himself thinking they would hunt some but never did. It has never been sighted in. He knows I am a full stock tradbow hunter and use nothing else but insisted on giving it to me. Certainly very nice of him and I may need or want to use it someday.
69328FA8-A25C-4B65-8441-AF48873F790C.jpeg

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
If a friend comes by your house and gifts you with a practically new crossbow would you consider that to be a sign? 😂
His son bought it for him a few years ago along with one for himself thinking they would hunt some but never did. It has never been sighted in. He knows I am a full stock tradbow hunter and use nothing else but insisted on giving it to me. Certainly very nice of him and I may need or want to use it someday.
View attachment 105889
You might sight it in, kill a critter, take lots of pictures, thank them. Then put it away until it better serves you.

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
I say “Dont look a gift horse in the mouth!”
I cant see me ever spending the money on one for me, but id for sure take a freebie.
No matter what anyone says, its still harder to hunt with then a gun, still lots of challenge.
It iritates me when the ‘elites’ down crossbows, then hunt with hi powrred scoped rifles.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
I’ve got one too, Carp. I’ve never had it in the woods. Not sure why I even got the thing. May need it some day. Ha!

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
Well I already have one here somewhere I bought the grandson several years ago trying to get him into hunting. He shot it about three times, took it hunting, took a deer the first time out. Then another one next trip. He decided there wasn’t anything to this hunting stuff and hasn’t been back. Told me if I needed the meat he would go with me again. 😝
The bow shoots great as I’m sure this one does. I have nothing against them or people using them. But right now I am enjoying my tradbow hunting.

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Well I already have one here somewhere I bought the grandson several years ago trying to get him into hunting. He shot it about three times, took it hunting, took a deer the first time out. Then another one next trip. He decided there wasn’t anything to this hunting stuff and hasn’t been back. Told me if I needed the meat he would go with me again. 😝
The bow shoots great as I’m sure this one does. I have nothing against them or people using them. But right now I am enjoying my tradbow hunting.
Well, thats me, its a great resource if i ever need it, but the grandson keeps me in meat, so i’ll get it done my way, or not at all.

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
Another evening perched in a tree before a funeral tomorrow evening and Revival tomorrow night.
No deer where harmed, listened to the Turkey roosting.

Attachments

• BE025662-0AB8-4336-9EC8-FAB6FCEBC7EF.jpeg
    BE025662-0AB8-4336-9EC8-FAB6FCEBC7EF.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 9

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Another evening perched in a tree before a funeral tomorrow evening and Revival tomorrow night.
No deer where harmed, listened to the Turkey roosting.
I'm hoping I can try it again Thursday and/or Friday evening, Lord willing!

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
I'm headed to Ohio public later this week. Hopefully I can get on some action there. Maybe I can find myself a spot as good as the one I put Carpdaddy on.