Deer Movement

KyElk13

Fawn
Sep 17, 2013
Hardin County, Ky
What's the Deer doing in your area? Bucks are still working scrapes. 1 Mature buck has shown up on my camera only once during the daylight hours. That was last week in the daylight and that was 40 minutes before sunset. I am in Bullitt County.

jim rifanburg

6 pointer
Jul 27, 2016
I’m hunting my lease in southern Ohio and it’s all night time activity I’ve hunted this farm for the last 4 years this same week every year this is the least active I’ve ever seen it . But also the first time that the crops weren’t cut 150acres of standing corn

No offense to any of you, but I'm glad some of you are seeing little activity. The past two years bowhunting the two weeks prior to rifle season have been great with many buck sitings and one missed opportunity on a nice 10 pointer. This year...I'm not even seeing does. I saw one small racked 8 pointer yesterday morning. That's it for the bucks. Pretty bummed right now. Back at work.

kc4sox

6 pointer
Nov 16, 2014
London Kentucky
How is your doe population? Often too many does equils much more night time activity.

I have the same core group I’ve always had plus a couple new from this spring. I don’t think that’s the problem. They are not coming to the feeder during daylight and I suppose they are staying in the woods not traveling far because of the acorns. Pretty good mast crop here this fall.

Trophyspike

Spike
Feb 24, 2015
Cave City
I have the same core group I’ve always had plus a couple new from this spring. I don’t think that’s the problem. They are not coming to the feeder during daylight and I suppose they are staying in the woods not traveling far because of the acorns. Pretty good mast crop here this fall.

Bingo. If your not seeing dear near your corn, switch it up and find your honey hole oak trees. The dear will prolly be there. Zero corn for me this year with the amount of acorns on the ground.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Buddy got video of a really nice buck (150ish) breeding a doe in a bean field today noonish. Just outside Bowling Green.

Latest posts