Deer hunting zone question

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by DEERMD, Nov 17, 2013.

1. DEERMD

DEERMD 8 pointer

Nov 21, 2003
    campbellsville, ky
    If you own a farm
    That is on the county/zone line..when one side is a zone that has
    A deer season that extends another week and the other ends today..
    What's the law for hunting it? Deer don't know county or zone lines and I understand the reason for the increase or limited dates for deer population... So I don't see a big deal with hunting your farm if it's on the line another week..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. screamin6x6

screamin6x6 BBBC Members

I would guess you would go with the county/zone you pay taxes in for the property. Not sure though. Give your local C.O. a call. I'm sure he could answer the question for you.

3. jeepndeer

jeepndeer 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2006
    Zones are by county, the line is where it is, so I think the CO will tell you that legally you can't hunt that side of the county line.

4. kywallace69

kywallace69 12 pointer

Aug 18, 2008
    Zone 1
    Depends how much property is in each county. If you own land that is in a zone 2 county and the percentage is more than the zone 3 county then you can hunt it another week.

5. LSOSGT1109

LSOSGT1109 10 pointer

Jul 22, 2012
    Laurel County
    Like the above post, I would think it would go with which ever county you pay property tax in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

6. JonDunn

JonDunn 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2005
    Up the holler
    I would think it would go strictly by county lines.

7. DRS

DRS Banned

Mar 3, 2010
    Kentucky
    Doesn't Modern Gun season end on the 18th (Monday) at sundown in zones 3 & 4?? This is confusing and the State should make it more clear as to when the seasons end. I still believe all zones should have the same number of days during Modern Firearm season. Maybe with zones 3 & 4 restricted to Buck only, the last 6-days. Not very fair to those Folks that hunt zones 3 or 4 and don't have the opportunity to hunt in zones 1 or 2.

8. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with what percentage of the farm is in what county. Wherever the county line is, that's the dividing line.

9. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    You are on a couple of threads screaming the seasons are unclear. PLEASE, do tell, what do you not understand???????
    How much clearer do you need?

DEER Statewide Modern Gun

Zone 1 Zone 2
    Nov. 9-24, 2013
    (either sex)

Zone 3
    Nov. 9-18, 2013
    (either sex)

Zone 4

Nov. 9-18, 2013
    (antlered only)

SHOOTING HOURS
    Shooting hours for all species listed
    in this guide, except raccoons, opossums,
    and frogs are during daylight hours only
    – a half-hour before sunrise to a half
    hour after sunset.

10. patiodaddy

patiodaddy 10 pointer

You can hunt that side of the farm that is still open. It is regulated by County Lines not your Mailing address.

11. k-man

k-man Spike

Nov 7, 2004
    western Kentucky
    Close family owned a farm in Kentucky that a county line ran through. It split the farm ground up at approximately 2/3rds - 1/3rd in each county. They paid property taxes to both counties based on the acreage & buildings located in each county at that county's tax rate.

12. DRS

DRS Banned

Mar 3, 2010
    Kentucky
    Sorry, I really didn't mean to be a pest about this. I just want to be within the law & legal. I checked this morning and the fellow told me that our Zone 3# is still in until 1/2 hour after sunset. ~Thanks anyway GSP.:)

Well, I shot a nice 6-pointer this morning @ 200 yards, out in my back field. Sorry no photos as the batteries were dead in my camera. :eek:

13. DEERMD

DEERMD 8 pointer

Nov 21, 2003
    campbellsville, ky
    Heard ya shoot.. :). Scared the daylights out of me..