Deer hunting is a lot like having a baby

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by theprofessor, Nov 19, 2018.

1. theprofessor

theprofessor 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2013
    There's a ton of videos on the internet of the really fun part at the beginning, which everyone claims to be an expert at. That part is over really quick. And if you do it right, you just signed up for a lot of work, potentially involving a lot of wipes.

Just a thought.

2. bah1286

bah1286 8 pointer

Jul 29, 2014
    I experienced both since rifle season entered. Baby is up all night and the deer dropped dead in a ravine. Wouldn’t trade it for anything. Must be why I can’t stop doing either one.

3. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    My old man, from day one, has always taught me that hunting is fun but once the deer hits the ground, the real work starts. Was fortunate enough to put my parents on a couple small bucks this year. My mom shot one this past Friday evening and we lost blood after dark so backed out and hunted Saturday morning. I went back to the search after the morning hunt and was fortunate enough to find her buck. It was no big deer, just a little fella but a trophy none the less. Deer went almost a mile from where she shot it, crossing 2 large creeks. I went looking alone unfortunately and let me be the first to say thank you lord for Polaris Rangers. I had to drag that deer a mile to get to the ranger but if I would have had to drag another inch my lungs would have exploded.