Deer Hunters Man Cave, Lets see what you got.

TNbuckchaser

6 pointer
Jun 2, 2013
These are all shed finds but I thought I would add my bedroom wall. The big 8 point is a set of sheds mounted onto a skull. Almost all of that came from this spring so hopefully I'll get some bigger stuff to add. Of course there's going to be a 158" ten point mounted in a left facing 9800 to the left of all of that soon! He'll have some pictures put under him too

ukyager

10 pointer
Jan 21, 2005
KENTUCKY
Finally got the boys out of my buddies house and into the basement of the new house this past spring.
Gonna make some changes to the layout soon, but for now this is phase one of the new man cave... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417483873.751344.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417483906.765998.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417483934.900106.jpg

ukyager

10 pointer
Jan 21, 2005
KENTUCKY
I like the metal ceiling. Very clever.

I had this idea in my head for past several years, ironically enough the ceiling was already in place when we bought the new house. :)
Gonna reposition an existing bar and add some barn wood accents to the basement this winter.

deerpox

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2011
Western Ky
I figured I'd add my Man Cave pictures to this thread as well. I never got around to refinishing the whiskey barrel furniture that I had down here, so I picked up this second hand furntiture set at a bargain from my father, "FREE". I added an area rug to try and tame all of the tile, and also picked up an old antique wardrobe to hang and keep all of my hunting clothes. I got tired of digging through totes in the garage every year. The deer on the barnwood was a Christian County bowkill on Dec. 23 2003. I took the deer on the far right off of the same farm with a bow on Thanksgiving Day in 2005. I ate tag soup from 2005 until 2011 until I shot the middle deer with a rifle on a Crofton KY lease, also on Thanksgiving Day. The little 6 point was my first deer kill when I was 13 years old.

I made the coffee table, end table, magazine rack, tv stand, shelf and picture frame containing a collage of old tree stand pictures out of barnwood that I would pick up when and where I could. The bow rack was a recent addition that I just built from pictures I got off the internet using a small pine tree I cut down in the back yard. I also found an old rotted piece of tree that I drove some concrete nails into and I use that to hang my harness, hats, and outer layer of hunting clothes on between hunts. There is nothing fancy down here, but that is the way I like it. I picked up the hornets nest on top of the gun cabinet on a recent hunt as well. One thing I learned, several hundred dead and frozen hornets start smelling like rotting flesh after you move them indoors to 70 degree temperatures. EEEEEK..... I'm not sure what I'll add next, but I am really wanting some pelts or some tanned hides to lay around down here.

Is there a story behind the white door? BTW nice smallie and walleye.

SteveR

8 pointer
Nov 5, 2005
Deerpox. No real story behind the white door. I think my wife picked it up from an thrift store somewhere. She's into crafts and always coming up with ideas to use items like that for. She like s to recycle antiques. In this case we just used it as a back for the end table.

wademup

12 pointer
Feb 5, 2004
benton, ky, USA.
Looking at all these man caves has made me realize how much ive changed in 25 years of marriage. Most of my stuff has moved to the garage and the rest is spread all over the house. I haven't mounted a deer since 97 but the velvet ten from this year is headed for the living room when he is finished. My wife has decided to do a large mirror inside my Elk rack which I think may be very cool. If it is I will post it up

Latest posts