Deer houses and heaters.....

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by 12 pointer, Nov 8, 2014.

1. How if at all do you guys heat your deer hunting shacks? What type heaters you use? While its major overkill and I wont run it with windows closed, I'm slapping in the only extra propane heater I have. A 30,000 BTU Mr. Buddy. Gonna be dang cold next week or so. Also, wife goes at times and her medication makes her really cold.

2. kymailman98

kymailman98 10 pointer

Dec 20, 2009
    Christian County
    My shooting house is a 4X6, with plexiglass windows. I have a Mr. Heater Buddy running off a 20 lb. propane tank. It does a fantastic job of heating, and has really turned me into a wuss hunter. I'm getting ready to freeze though, because I think I need to get into a stand I have back in the woods, if I'm going to have a legitimate chance at a certain buck I'm after.

3. HUNTINGMAN

HUNTINGMAN 12 pointer

Nov 7, 2008
    Harrodsburg KY
    I just bought me a little buddy heater yesterday and used it for the first time this morning. This thing is amazing in the popup blind, i had my dad in there with me and i told him i felt like one of those city slicker hunters.

4. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    I need one of those! Just can't handle cold temps anymore...

5. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    I use one of those little single burner cookers that screw on top of the small propane cylinder. They are super cheap and can be turned down low enough to just set it between your legs and let the heat rise up on you. I don't have a shooting house just a pop up blind. In late season I run it till sundown then just tough out the last 30 minutes. Turned down low it emits very little light or noise. Cheap and works great

6. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    Mike I just use the buddy heater to take the chill off and wear my winter gear. I don't try to stay too warm it makes me feel guilty :)

7. bigpuddin43

bigpuddin43 12 pointer

Feb 21, 2007
    bucktown
    buddy heater also works great for warming up a breakfast sammich made the night before

8. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    My sportcat has cooked a many of cans of beannie weinees in the blind. I love that meal.

9. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Hard to beat those buddy heaters. We have a two bruner big buddy in one of our shop houses. We bought the hose to run it off a 20# tank and it heats the shop just fine and runs forever off that grill tank.

10. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Better hang on to that thing they've quit stocking them I think.