Deer feeder recommendations......

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by 12 pointer, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Interested in a tripod type feeder around the 125 to 150 dollar range. Something easy to assemble onsite. Any recommendations based on experience are appreciated. Wanting one to hold around 200 + lbs. Thanks!

2. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    Moultrie ez-fill are really good feeders. I got several and no issues out of them. Seem to be better than most on battery life and I like the controls mounted on the side. Wildgame feeders I had sucked on battery life and controls was under feeder. I didn't care for the wildgame at all. Sold all of those but one and don't use it.

3. Thanks. I was looking at those online. I believe that is the route I will go.

4. captain71

captain71 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Western Ky
    I bought a moultrie feeds about 6 years ago cows tipped it over couple of times still going strong. I believe I only pay under 100$ .

5. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    Not sure how close you are to nky but I have a wildgame feeder that needs a battery that I would sell you for 50$.

6. docbuck

docbuck 10 pointer

Nov 28, 2014
    western ky
    I had tried about all of them , the moultrie that required no tools was by far the best and one of the cheapest i have had.

7. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Moultrie from the local Wally-world.

8. Docwaters

Docwaters 6 pointer

Sep 27, 2013
    Prospect
    Moultrie, new ones are self contained battery/motor. No external wires for raccoons to gnaw in half.

9. playerevan17

playerevan17 Fawn

Aug 14, 2012
    Moultrie EZ feeders are good but if you have any squirrels around they will chew through the plastic lid in no time, had to switch to metal Moultrie feeders from Buds Gunshop online