Deer Broadhead Results Slick Trick Magnums

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by turkey, Sep 6, 2011.

1. turkey

turkey 10 pointer

Sep 16, 2008
    Been hunting a while killed few deer...can not say enough about my first experience with slick tricks last night. Very very very good broadhead will never shoot mechanicals again. Over the years have shot muzzy, wasp, nap, rage, steel force, rockets, and many others...a few deer later and now slick trick....never in my life have I seen a complete hole 1 1/4 inch from entrance to exit until I recovered my deer last night. 29 yard shot....50 yard recovery flat red from arrow on ground to deer...and I mean red river type blood trail.

2. BowOnly

BowOnly 8 pointer

Mar 6, 2008
    They are a great head. VERY sharp!

3. Pat Bischoff

Pat Bischoff 6 pointer

Oct 20, 2004
    kenton county
    Good job. Slick tricks are great heads. My favorites are the grizzlys.

4. Deer4Me

Deer4Me 6 pointer

May 8, 2011
    Word of caution on the Slick Tricks, be sure that you use a broadhead wrench to tighten them really good. Some hunters don't and they will not shot accurately if not tightened down good. Other than that they are absolutely destructive. I shoot the Magnums and out to 40 yds. their dead on. They definately leave a large hole that is completely open. Some of the heads on the market slice really good but the Tricks leave a big hole and the blood shoots out. I shot a gallon milk jug full of water at 40 yds and before I could walk up to it it was empty. With four cut that are 11/8 each it leave a big hole, actually about 21/4" big.

Can't wait until Friday, I don't have to work and hunting I'm going. Good hunting.

5. Link1025

Link1025 6 pointer

Aug 30, 2011
    I'm glad to hear that. I am trying them out this year and hope see some action this weekend.

6. crossfire

crossfire 8 pointer

Jun 13, 2006
    Mayfield, Ky
    Do they make it in a 3-blade model? Can I assume these 4-blade heads don't windplane because of the offset design and longer nose? I believe NAP has quit making (or at least Bass Pro and Papes has quit carrying) my crossfire heads and I was ready to go back to 'ol faithful muzzy until I read this. Any problems in flight with these at all?

7. beards-n-bone

beards-n-bone 10 pointer

Nov 12, 2008
    Pulaski Co.
    I havent shot a deer with my slick tricks yet, but I will say that they are VERY accurate. The point of impact was 2 inches right of my field points, and with the help of nutcase I turned up my bow poundage a half turn and had them hitting the same exact spot. These are deadly accurate broadheads and I am very impressed....

8. crossfire

crossfire 8 pointer

Jun 13, 2006
    Mayfield, Ky
    Thanks for the info; I figured accuracy and consistency is all I can ask for, shot placement is up to me.

9. top_sgt

top_sgt 6 pointer

Jul 10, 2007
    lexington, ky
    I have used 85 grains slick tricks for the past four years. Have not lost a deer yet!! Saw three drop within 20 yards of me. Shot a doe labor day afternoon.... She went ten yards and kicked over! They shoot just like my field points out to 40 yards! Haven't tried a longer distance.
    Don't plan on switching any time soon!

10. ebrown

ebrown Spike

Jun 14, 2011
    Jennings County, IN
    Have never used them, but have never heard anything bad about em.