deer activity

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ddock, Oct 25, 2013.

1. ddock

ddock Fawn

Jul 14, 2013
    So I just fixed me a new spot. I havent hunted this year till I took my wife sunday she killed a nine point her first buck I had three shooters on camera.corn gettin hit hard im on the only acorns close ,and now ive hunted last three adternoons and last two morning seen a button buck and a doe and that is it. I have nine cams and run them with corn piles and scrapes this was my hotest spot. But my cam was down this last few days since sunday. Anybody else not seein deer#butler county

2. hunting buddy

hunting buddy 12 pointer

Oct 23, 2010
    bg
    The place I hunt in Butler the movement is at night except for a few does, no bucks during the daylight.

3. lobuthunter

lobuthunter 6 pointer

Aug 18, 2011
    north logan
    i hunt south butler saw three buck sunday and two does i only got to hunt the morning, went today and saw 9 does 6 this morning and 3 this afternoon , i have found four scrapes and a few rubs

4. Buddy of mines says the deer in his neck of the woods in Butler are slim to none!

5. ddock

ddock Fawn

Jul 14, 2013
    Im north side bucks were still night time cam didnt work this week,popin off everywhere should get goin here

6. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    Butler is rocking. The rut is early. Bucks not checking but TENDING does. Does' backs scuffed and scrapes everywhere. New rubs the last 2 evenings when I went in that were not there when I left in the AM. Grunted 4 bucks in today.

7. kyboydbowhunter

kyboydbowhunter 8 pointer

Sep 21, 2011
    Have brought any big boys in?

8. ddock

ddock Fawn

Jul 14, 2013
    im just not seein many deer and my buddy who is an outfitter has several guys in havent seen the first buck pushing a doe even in pictures but i do have some absolute dandys showin up and the big boys are starting to cruise indaylight had a stud in at 9.30am eating corn ill post some pics tomorow if my wife gets time lol i dont know how i got two i think will push 160and a few other shooters south side and nirthside deer

9. kyboydbowhunter

Sep 21, 2011
    So hitting the woods tomorrow 4 new 8 points in the 237 pictures I got in the last 2 days. Several pictures of them fighting on cam and one picture of a old 8 point with his left side broke off at the head the brow tine somehow survived the fight.

I love my pony tail.

10. Conquest Aoex

Conquest Aoex 6 pointer

Oct 21, 2009
    Activity is still slow here in Eastern KY.

11. Chester

Chester 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    I don't think the deer on our farm can read the calendar. They obviously don't know November is upon them and it is time to bust up out of the bachelor groups and make some appearances some other time than 3 AM.

12. Titus

Titus 8 pointer

Aug 18, 2006
    Shelbyville
    Why don't you fill out your location data, so this will mean something.

13. Chester

Chester 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    I am in Johnson County...and I was just making a joke about the bucks not moving too much during daylight hours right now.

14. kyboydbowhunter

Sep 21, 2011
    The bucks are on there feet moving an hour til dusk looking for food maybe other things but haven't seen any chasing the last two times out I saw 5 bucks tho and got busted by 4 of them lol

I love my pony tail.

15. Rut-n-Strut

Rut-n-Strut 8 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    Owen County
    I went out tonight (11-1-13). Saw a doe and bumped a deer getting out of my stand. My brother saw 7 does and fawns. I have some bucks showing up on camera finally, but I only had one appearance of a couple mature bucks, respectively. Pictures look like bucks are interested in does, but I haven't witnessed it yet. I saw two small bucks chasing fawns during muzzeloader season, but an older deer showed no interest at that time.

I know some of you probably aren't interested in this, but I've found it to be quite accurate in years past. The hunting app I have based on moon phase says that this coming week will be good and deer movement will be excellent on Friday (11-9) and Saturday (11-10). Deer movement will slow down considerably after that until the end of the month. Just throwing it out there, take it for what it's worth.