Decoys

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by shadow, Dec 5, 2013.

1. shadow

shadow Fawn

Dec 12, 2003
    Morehead, KY.
    Which decoy would be better, Mojo spinner or Primos Quiver Rabbit?

2. Glendale John

Glendale John 6 pointer

Had the rabbit but it was a problem to pack and made a rattle noise. I like a couple turkey feathers in the wind but have had a great deal of luck with a cheap, plastic, blow up turkey hen; that packs easily in pocket, from Walmart.With the right call it gets attention placed a little sideways like it's been hurt.

3. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    I was trying to make up my mind between the two and choose the Mojo. Why?? I don't know, LOL.

One thing I was surprised when I got it. It fits right in my carry bag with the Alpha Dogg caller for a prefect fit.

4. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I don't get the opportunity to yote hunt as much as I like to... but I have had good luck over the past few years using decoys. Guess it's just a confidence thing but like the aspect of something to draw attention away from me. So... I carry a fox-pro jack-attack, quiver critter and a feather in my call bag and have killed yotes using all of these types of decoys.

But without reservation... I've killed more yotes with the quiver critter than any decoy I own.

A few pics ............

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FoxPro Jack-Attack
    [​IMG]

Does'nt show the decoy used... but was a simple turkey feather on a string tied to a sapling at the edge of some CRP ground.
    [​IMG]

5. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    Some nice looking coyotes, JD. I have read where some hunters say that a decoy scared coyotes off for them. I have never seen that happen. I can easily see where a smart coyote comes in looking for coyotes that he just heard, but sees a small critter shaking, so he puts two and two together and heads out.

6. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky
    I have the quiver critter and the Mojo. I prefer the Mojo, a lot more action, but as someone else said the turkey feather on a string works well also. easy to carry and no battery to run down, also works as a wind checker

7. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    I prefer a decoy I can control with my ecaller remote.

8. coyote1758

coyote1758 6 pointer

Oct 10, 2010
    nicholasville ky.
    These are the best decoys I have ever had, no remote they are always on.LOL[​IMG]

9. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    They don't use any batteries, but they can chomp down some grub. (LOL) Looking good, Chuck.

10. Coyote 1758 has the decoy of decoy's.

11. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    I believe Sam and Cloe could make better use of a decoy like old Chuck. Put him out there with a pork chop hanging around his neck, and then have lots of coyotes to play with.

12. shadrock

shadrock Spike

Feb 14, 2012
    Pleasant View, TN
    Check out the Predator Enticer Come-Alive Motion Decoy. These things work great. Small, compact and inexpensive. They have a delay timer that is adjustable and come with 3 or 4 different color decoys that you can change out. There is video footage on the internet to see the action. Yotes, fox and bobcats are attracted to these. I think some of the decoys are too big and scare off fox and even some cats. I love mine. I saw one on ebay today for $18.50 opening price and buy now price of $39.95.

13. TedB

TedB 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2005
    Nicholasville
    That's the one I use and I love it. Ill also use a flapping dove decoy (painted like a Cooper's hawk) in the tree above the decoy. I've got about 5 bucks in the dove and paid the above price for the enticer. I used it as a deer decoy tail for 5 days in deer season and the batteries are still good.