Decoy?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by jdp, Jun 25, 2011.

1. jdp

jdp Spike

Oct 18, 2009
    Ft. Campbell
    Anyone use the life size 3D or 2D coyote decoys? We used a fawn a few times this time of the year and it worked. I just wondered how ayote would react to seeing a coyote decoy and when is the best time to use one?

2. Cmattingly

Cmattingly 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2008
    nichlosville ky.
    The fawn seems best but a little later as the pups get older the coyote would work great.The edge decoy is the one I use[​IMG][​IMG]

3. jdp

jdp Spike

Oct 18, 2009
    Ft. Campbell
    Thanks! We had the same fawn out this Friday and had a doe come out and grunt at it and milled around for a few mins.. then 1 yote came in but we didnt wait long enough and as we turned to look to where we wanted to do the next set he just took off without looking back.

4. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    The coyotes will feed hard on the fawns for the next few months, so it is a good time to use fawn decoys and fawn distress sounds. I like the Edge by Expedite fawns, two of them, placed in such a way that the coyotes can see one or both of them from almost any angle. Hide the ecaller between the two somewhere like a hay field between wooded lots and use some deer scent. The coyote decoy placed close by can also be beneficial if the coyotes in that area think they are being invaded.

5. jdp

jdp Spike

Oct 18, 2009
    Ft. Campbell
    Awesome advise! Thanks possumal!! I'll give that set up a try and let you know!