Decoy bag help

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Jacobhwrd, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
    I am a crow hunter not waterfowl BUT everything except the decoys works perfectly for crow. I am looking for a new decoy bag (backpack style) that will hold 2 dozen decoy. I use one that's a mesh bag now and don't like it. Anyone have any recommendations? I have seen some that have spots on the outside also for motion decoys. That would be a huge bonus but not a requirement. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Do you use hard sided or soft decoys?

3. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    I think mojo makes the one you are talking about. Google macks or rogers sporting goods

4. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
    They are hard decoys. They are the one by Avery. They are large fully flocked decoys.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
    I never even realized mojo made decoy bags I will give those a look. Actually the motion decoys I have are mojo also. Only have one at the .omen but planning to get a second one of I like this one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. smashdn

smashdn 12 pointer

Nov 24, 2003
    Palmyra, Kentucky
    Maybe a slotted bag? Should protect your ffd decoys and you can save a space in it for your mojo.

May not be big enough but I have no idea how many crow decoys you use for crows.

7. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Drake makes a watetfowlers backpack that might be big enough, or you might look at a larger tactical backpack with an alice or molle system. This site has some for cheap.

http://nationalparksdepot.us/

Honestly I don't think any backpack will be big enough for a couple dozen crow decoys.

8. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
    I use a dozen decoys right now. I have 11 decoys 1 spinner and one from triple play that has 3 decoys on a motorized base that makes them turn like they are feeding. I would have to have a bag that would hold 2 dozen magnum duck decoys as my crow decoys are as big or just a little bigger then most duck decoys I have seen. I have found one that seems to fit the bill but it was made for 3 dozen decoys, one spinner on the outside and holds your shotgun also. Only problem is I think it will be to big and I am 100% sure I will end up buying more decoys just to fill it up.......I guess there are worse problems to have though. I will try and lost a link to it and see if anyone has used them

9. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
  10. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky
    Look man. This is the waterfowl forum.
    Maybe you should take your question to the disgusting scavenger bird forum.

If we aren't going to shoot swimmers here we definatley aren't stooping to the nasty crows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Jacobhwrd

Jacobhwrd 6 pointer

Jan 26, 2014
    Richmond, Ky
    First of all this question is in the correct section. The items I am inquiring about are designed for water fowl.
    Second it's easier for you to not post then waste your seemingly precious time while also feeding the stereotype that duck hunters are assholes.
    And lastly you try and talk down to the species I hunt? In 1950 a study was done to show that crow account for on average 20 million deaths of ducks per year......that includes eggs and hatchlings while at the same time every hunter in North America combined accounts for 11 million ducks harvested. So for every crow that I shoot that gives on average 110-120 ducks a chance to be taken by your ignorant ass.

And your welcome. Both for knowledge you just received and for the help I give to your sport.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  12. EKYridgerunner

EKYridgerunner 10 pointer

Sep 13, 2010
    Bahaha.

Send me an address feller. I'll donate some of my yearly contribution to your conservation efforts.

13. KyMike

KyMike Spike

Aug 21, 2013
    110 ducks per crow....just found my reason to try some crow hunting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

14. B.M. Barrelcooker

B.M. Barrelcooker 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    Aintry,Ky

CLEARLY you missed the sarcasm.

Haha: CROW LIVES MATTER.

thanks for the chuckle.

15. Do you eat the crows you harvest? Last year I posted in the crow predator hunting forum a request for crow for a wildgame dinner and the big crow killers there with all of the pictures of harvested game would not respond. I will drive 2 hours for dead crows if you clean them or let me know ahead of time so that I can clean them the day of your hunt.

WE