Dead buck on hwy 44 by kings church rd. (bullitt county)

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by RKELTY1025, Sep 5, 2010.

1. RKELTY1025

RKELTY1025 Fawn

Oct 22, 2008
    Does anyone have any information about the dead deer that was hit by a car this weekend on HWY 44 right before King's Church Rd in Bullitt County. Somebody has cut the antlers off of it and I would like to know how big the deer was. Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

2. bullittcounty

bullittcounty 8 pointer

Aug 23, 2005
    bullitt county
    That sucks! There are some big deer in that area.

3. slicked-it

slicked-it 8 pointer

Oct 20, 2008
    Rhino,

I saw the deer you are talking about. I didn't stop but I did notice the rack had already been cut off. From the road it didn't look very big at the base. My initial thought was basket rack.....I know that doesn't help much, but I definitely didn't think "biggun" when I saw him (I could be wrong). I thought about a closer look, but the edge of the road is as close as I wanted to get to him. He is pretty ripe right now.

Hope it wasn't one you had your eye on. Definitely no way to meet your maker.

SH

4. ALLMYLIFE

ALLMYLIFE Fawn

Nov 21, 2007
    Had a guy tell me at church he stopped and looked at it. It was a 10 pointer. Didn't say if he had much mass or not. Not twenty minutes later I left church to go look at it and someone had already cut his antlers off. Kinda stinks cuz I hunt not a mile from there.