Dead Air Sandman S

Mt Pokt

8 pointer
Nov 8, 2018
Campbell County
Finally... 352 days on a Form 4 transfer!! I picked up my Sandman S last week!!

I put a QD muzzle brake on both my .308 Axis 2, and my .223 Rock River FE Coyote Carbine and went to the range yesterday.

I re-zeroed both rifles with the new brakes on them and then went about zeroing with the Sandman.

Remarkably, with both rifles the Sandman grouped only about a half an inch low, and a half an inch left at 100 yards.

I adjusted zero on the optics with the Sandman, since I can't imagine a situation where I'm not shooting either of them without the can.

Removing and replacing the can multiple times had no affect on zero. Meaning I can take the can off, put it back on (cold or hot), switching rifles between, and suffered no noticeable shift in zero throughout the exercise.

As advertised by Dead Air.

Because I value my hearing, I didn't do an ear test without muffs to see if either is hearing safe, but with the muffs I could tell that suppression was enough that either would be bearable in a hunting situation, for that one shot it takes.

Ringing 6" steel at 200 yards was easy with either from a cold bore, suppressed or not.

Confidence = High

The Sandman may not be the highest sound deadening multi-caliber suppressor out there, but for a QD suppressor to be used on multiple rifles and calibers without affecting zero, it is as advertised.

Funny though, I got my form 1 efile back in exactly 3 weeks for my 22lr suppressor.

No range photos, and snapped only one while I was out on my property.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Congratulations to You.
I do not have one only because I can't afford it, but a Rifle is not Complete without a Supressor.

I'm about Deaf now anyway so it's too late for me. But ii sure wish I had one of those 40 years ago.
Worth every penny to me. Probably spend 10x as much on doctors and hearing aids

bluegrassDan

6 pointer
Dec 17, 2008
Finally... 352 days on a Form 4 transfer!! I picked up my Sandman S last week!!

I put a QD muzzle brake on both my .308 Axis 2, and my .223 Rock River FE Coyote Carbine and went to the range yesterday.

I re-zeroed both rifles with the new brakes on them and then went about zeroing with the Sandman.

Remarkably, with both rifles the Sandman grouped only about a half an inch low, and a half an inch left at 100 yards.

I adjusted zero on the optics with the Sandman, since I can't imagine a situation where I'm not shooting either of them without the can.

Removing and replacing the can multiple times had no affect on zero. Meaning I can take the can off, put it back on (cold or hot), switching rifles between, and suffered no noticeable shift in zero throughout the exercise.

As advertised by Dead Air.

Because I value my hearing, I didn't do an ear test without muffs to see if either is hearing safe, but with the muffs I could tell that suppression was enough that either would be bearable in a hunting situation, for that one shot it takes.

Ringing 6" steel at 200 yards was easy with either from a cold bore, suppressed or not.

Confidence = High

The Sandman may not be the highest sound deadening multi-caliber suppressor out there, but for a QD suppressor to be used on multiple rifles and calibers without affecting zero, it is as advertised.

Funny though, I got my form 1 efile back in exactly 3 weeks for my 22lr suppressor.

No range photos, and snapped only one while I was out on my property.

I like the license plate holder. I was a 12B/F 1985-1998 and a DA contractor 2007-2010 in Iraq for Joint Robotics and Marine Corps Systems Command.

Scoony

6 pointer
Nov 7, 2003
Radcliff
Nice, I have the Hybrid-46 that I run on a 308, 6.8spc AR, and a pair of 223 ARs. I also have a 22 suppressor.

I tested out the Hybrid on my g-19 that past few weekends and realized that my 147 XTP load is right at the sub/super sonic range as some were silent and some still had the crack. My 147 FMJ loads were good though. Seems that glock shoots more accurate with the suppressor on it.

I still need to get my current 308 barrel cut and threaded.

One benefit that most overlook with a suppressor, it acts like a brake. If you hunt with a suppressor, you have a higher chance of seeing the actual hit and will know right away if it was a good hit, or not.

bluegrassDan

6 pointer
Dec 17, 2008
Nice, I have the Hybrid-46 that I run on a 308, 6.8spc AR, and a pair of 223 ARs. I also have a 22 suppressor.

I tested out the Hybrid on my g-19 that past few weekends and realized that my 147 XTP load is right at the sub/super sonic range as some were silent and some still had the crack. My 147 FMJ loads were good though. Seems that glock shoots more accurate with the suppressor on it.

I still need to get my current 308 barrel cut and threaded.

One benefit that most overlook with a suppressor, it acts like a brake. If you hunt with a suppressor, you have a higher chance of seeing the actual hit and will know right away if it was a good hit, or not.
I can get your barrel cut and threaded for you. Turn around is about an hour if you have time to hang out.

Latest posts