Daytime movement?

Recurve77

10 pointer
Aug 7, 2012
Overall I’ve seen an increase in total pics on corn piles in the past week. But there was a big decrease in the # of daytime pics. Most of the daytime pics have been during the last hour of daylight. A week earlier I was getting pics all throughout the day.

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
I’m seeing good night time movement on cameras. I hunted last night and didn’t see anything till driving out in the dark. Then this morning seen a decent 8 come through at 9:30. I think next weekend will be different

This reminds me of the Deer firearm season way back in 1979. Good movement during archery season then very little movement during the modern firearm season.

PUBLIC RAT

10 pointer
Feb 18, 2014
This reminds me of the Deer firearm season way back in 1979. Good movement during archery season then very little movement during the modern firearm season.
The only way I could remember those stats is if I had shot the biggest buck of my life.

rlb165

12 pointer
Dec 10, 2001
We’re getting more corn pics at night, but still quite a few daytime pictures.
For a while, they were hitting our food plots more than corn, but that’s changed in the last week or so.
Our corn that’s getting the most action is in the woods, and I think they’re feeding on acorns, getting a bite of corn, then going back to acorns.

rlb165

12 pointer
Dec 10, 2001
...then getting a drink of milk. This was from night before last.
CE3F38BA-7C29-492E-8760-C861EA5088D2.png

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
Heh Davers, I killed this buck in 1979. Only a little over 8000 deer were checked in Ky that year.
View attachment 93345
Nice Buck!! Back in 1979, I still lived in Indiana, hunted on private land located a few miles from a Fish & Wildlife area. That Deer Season was a bust as we had full moon at the wrong time + warmer than normal weather. I remember walking back to my car in the dark and had a Deer run past me.

Adam Gabrielli

6 pointer
Apr 23, 2021
Atlanta GA
Weather and moon phase certainly plays a role. Most of my photos are at 8am or 6pm but I had a spike of night pictures during the full moon. I'm seeing more day activity with younger bucks the past week hitting my mock scrapes and food plots. Just had a shooter back on camera for the first time in a month at 1am. I'm expecting to see heightened buck activity the next week.

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
Almost zero deer pics today in daylight. Probably the least I've had in a month. Of course it was a dark drizzly day from start to finish in my area.
Very low pressure for those monitoring. Gives me more confidence in the pressure theory.