Day to day deer activity

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by chris1975, Nov 10, 2014.

1. chris1975

chris1975 6 pointer

Sep 14, 2011
    Lydon
    it seems like deer movement is the same all over the state from day to day if John Smith is in seeing anything on his side of the state it seems like Joe Schmo isn't seen anything either. I know wheather is a factor but when they're not moving there not moving anywhere. it's easy to tell by just reading a post on here. I think I'm going to sit today out since it looks like from the post that nobody's seen any activity. Any opinions welcome just curious

2. LSOSGT1109

LSOSGT1109 10 pointer

Jul 22, 2012
    Laurel County
    Man I think this time of year it can turn on just any minute. All it takes is one hot doe and you've got every hard tail in the hills after her. I don't have alot of confidence for this afternoon but I'm fixin to head back out anyway. Sure as I don't my camera will send me a pic of the one I'm after while I'm setting on the couch drinking beer! LOL

3. Dev

Dev 10 pointer

Jan 3, 2005
    Den tree in Northern KY
    My father in law hunted this morning and saw 4 bucks chasing/cruising. Nothing big enough for a shot but he was fired up. It's hit or miss right now.

4. littlebear

littlebear 12 pointer

Aug 21, 2007
    the woods
    4 bucks 5 does this morning. Last deer at 11am wky

5. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Its all about where you are and what you see. I had one guy tell me he didn't think the rut was here and another guy said he thought is was over...If you are that guy that sees some hard chasing then you think its in full swing. Every year we get this discussion about if or when the rut is. Its the same every year. The does are all bred and will fawn in the spring. There are a bunch of big bucks being killed so I would guess its on regardless if you see it.

6. slimshad

slimshad 8 pointer

Oct 29, 2008
    USA
    "so I would guess its on regardless if you see it."

This is the best line I have heard all year. Deer being hit on the highways and big bucks on Facebook. It is ON. You can't see whats happening a half a mile away. It could be going crazy there and not where you are sitting that day.

7. hootowlman

hootowlman 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2007
    Just in from hunting sat from daylight until 2:30 never seen squat!! To warm and to windy... I have been seeing a bunch and a lot of chasing!!!!

8. toxic

toxic 10 pointer

Nov 10, 2012
    J-TOWN (LOUISVILLE)
    I hunted Saturday about 1/2mile away from some friends of mine. I was in the same stand all day except for 2 hrs. I didn't see a single deer. My friends both were talking about all the deer they saw and how much they were moving just right up the road. I have thought the same as you, but don't think its a good way to pick your day to hunt.

9. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Two years ago I kill a 164 inch 10 point on nov. 11 and the wind was 20 mph and 70 degrees. It almost can't get bad enough to stop these boys from looking for love.

10. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Did you know there are more boone and crockett entries killed on Nov. 11th than any other day of the year?

Or at least that use to be the case.

11. Rut-n-Strut

Rut-n-Strut 8 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    Owen County
    Deer are only predictable to a certain extent around this time. I have seen deer but not many. My brother saw nearly every deer on the farm the past two days. Sometimes its skill and other times a crap shoot. You're just not in the right spot if you see no activity. Stick with it though.

12. RackedUP

RackedUP 8 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
    Once we get near Halloween my philosophy is sit every chance you get regardless of movement reports or conditions. You just never know what will happen. That bedded buck might get bumped by a yote. A doe may come in heat just a day or two earlier than the rest. Pick a stand that is best for the wind that day and get in it early and often. You can't kill them from the couch!!

13. chris1975

chris1975 6 pointer

Sep 14, 2011
    Lydon
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. Im just a little discouraged because I haven't seen any since that first cold snap on Nov 2. Then on opening morning of gun the guy on the next farm that backs up to a subdivision here in Jefferson Co. Shoots one hell of a buck 9ptr with crazy mass. With only 2 stands to hunt this is frustrating not trying to burn both out

14. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    I remember a few years ago 6 of us went out from camp and when we got back were all talking about not seeing a thing all day. My best bud was the only one not in yet and he came in at sunset and had a big 10 in the truck and said he had seen 28 deer that day.

sometimes yer just not in the right spot.

15. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    I am in the same boat brother. I hunted last sunday the 2nd and saw 14 total. 3 bucks 2 spikes a button. I then hunted wednesday thru sunday almost all day sits on 3 of the 5 and every day was in the woods till 2. I have one stand up on topbof a ridge. If i hunt on either side i get busted because the wind constantly changes. Surrounded by places that only get gun hunted and they come pouring in. Which is fine nothing against those guys at all. Yesterday i packed it in after sitting till 230, told the wife i was done for the year. Then went to work this morning and pulled in to see 4 or 5 bucks one which was a real nice 8 going after one hot doe. The 8 chased off anything that came remotely close. had one small 6 lip curl. Needless to say it lit the fire again. May not be close to where i hunt but just seeing it was great. Its been a hard year with the acorn mast but i am hoping that persistance will pay off. Hang in there. Something good is bound to happen.