Day 9 Report

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Tman6493, Sep 5, 2020.

1. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Pretty good evening. I figured when I went back this evening the longbeards would be already in the clover field. Cause I didn’t see them this morning. They are there every day but diff times. So I decided to drive my truck back there cause they use to seein my truck and really don’t get spooked bad. Well sure enough 8 longbeards standing in field so when they seen my truck they eased on off to neighbors property. So I drove back out and park where I usually do in my front field. Hurried back there got setup hoping they would return like they normally do but they didn’t. Had 6 hens come out 50 yards around 5:30 but never presented a shot. So around 6:30 7 deer came in 2 being bucks buck it was same small bucks I seen this morning. I could’ve flung a arrow at a doe at 15 yards but I didn’t just watched her. I’ll get her when it cools up. I’m not into deer this time of year unless it’s a mature buck.
    So guess I’ll go back in morning to see if the Turks show back up.

1wildcatfan and Rod S. like this.
  2. Timholt70

Timholt70 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2019
    Christian county
    congrats..

hotdog likes this.
  3. Tman6493

Tman6493 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2013
    Louisville
    Good luck to everyone. Be safe. Man it sure feels good this morning. 24 hour shift For me today then back at it Monday-Tuesday. I would much rather be out there.

4. Timholt70

Timholt70 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2019
    Christian county
    I hope they scale back on fall turkey as well.i feel many turkey are killed on or near corn piles,but stating that a crossbow is the same as a rifle is a far stretch.Good luck to all you legal hunters.go enjoy what God has created.

hotdog, Southpaw and Bowonly86 like this.
  5. Recurve77

Recurve77 10 pointer

Aug 7, 2012
    Sitting on my patio this morning reading the paper and having a cup of coffee only to be blown at by a deer that wandered up near the back yard!

6. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    Sorry man didn’t aim no harm just hard getting used to new laws and gadgets that people hunt with,

Timholt70 likes this.
  7. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    So far it's been pretty slow for me and Connor. We're up on a point with a logging road going by. Right after daylight Connor said he seen 1 cross the road way down it.good luck everyone

Timholt70 likes this.
  8. Timholt70

Timholt70 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2019
    Christian county
    it's cool man.no problem here.have a blessed day.

9. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Funny if your mad at anything it should be guns cause crossbows have been around for a LONG time!

The earliest known crossbows were invented in the first millennium BC, not later than the 5th century BC in Greece (as the gastraphetes), and not later than the 4th century BC in ancient China, and brought about a major shift in the role of projectile weaponry in wars, such as during Qin's unification wars and later the Han campaigns against northern nomads and western states.

We are all one family, hunters. We need to support each other no matter the weapon of choice. So long as they are doing it legally it shouldn't matter.

racsr, hotdog, xbokilla and 2 others like this.
  10. Recurve77

Recurve77 10 pointer

Aug 7, 2012
    Just set up in a blind with my crossbow. Can’t draw my compound or recurve due to an arm injury waiting to heal. 1st time ever to hunt with a crossbow in 48 years of bow hunting.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    muddhunter and xbokilla like this.
  11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

I love them. Love my bows too but think XBows are a unique and fun weapon. First time I hunted with one was in 2008, killed a young 7 pt opening day of gun season and became Xbokilla in our hunting crew. LOL. My advice is don’t miss. It’s not as difficult as a bow because you don’t have to move as much but you probably won’t get a second shot without being detected. They are also not a gun so most of that “reach out and touch em” crap you hear about crossbows is BS. Be safe! Have fun!

racsr likes this.
  12. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    This is first year in a long time bow hunting Turks. I’m just now starting to keep them on me in the fall. Before that I hunted on other people and no Turks on them in fall. Own my own land now. I planted clover 2 years ago and they love it. They hang out in it according to trailcam dang near all day. And also forgot they will spot you in a tree in a heart beat. Just had it to happen. Have deer come close all time. Dam Turks diff story. :mad:

13. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    I’ve only killed 2 with a bow in fall out of deerstand years ago. Beginning to think that was just luck.lol. Guess I’ll have to buy me a blind. I don’t have one cause I never hunt them in fall till this year. I don’t hunt out of blind in spring for Turks. But anyway. Zero deer so far today. Turkeys are gone now so I’m just sittin here bored. Lol. Waiting on dark. It’ll have to be a monster buck if I shoot a deer. It might happen who knows.

14. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    Killing turkeys from a tree is a hard task.

OLE RASPY likes this.
  15. Tman6493

Tman6493 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2013
    Louisville
    Can’t decide if I want to go this afternoon. High near 90. My cameras haven’t provided much hope in over a week. Might be a fishing day instead.
    Any of you out this morning?