Dang Yotes!!!

Discussion in 'Coon Hunting' started by sdorton, Nov 4, 2013.

1. sdorton

sdorton 6 pointer

Apr 10, 2013
    KY
    Turned Jinx loose and less than 300yds she was singing to Ol' Ringtail! Knocked it out and drove to another spot and let the Ol' Man Hawk out. He made a couple of loops and checked back in then we had us a nice little talk and he busted in there alittle over 700 yds and starting hammering. But when he did the yotes sounded off and closed in on him. I ran with my light shining bright and got to him before they did. I could hear them walking around us and when they sounded off I could fell it in my chest. Did some hooping and hollering and they got gone fairly quick. Finally looked Hawk's tree over and found his coon and knock it out and we high tailed it back to the truck and called it a night.
    [​IMG]

2. Sousa17

Sousa17 Spike

Dec 15, 2007
    Kenton County
    Never had anything like that happen. I mean, we hear em but they never come close to us.

3. sdorton

sdorton 6 pointer

Apr 10, 2013
    KY
    This is only the 2nd time they came in on us....first time they got to my dog before I did...luckily I was close enough to help him out.

4. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 12 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    A buddy of mines walker dog got eat up bad on tree one night they chewed her to peices. She lost alot of blood but lived to hunt another day. Looks like youve got a fine pair of dogs. Keep the pictures coming.

5. Berdarien

Berdarien 6 pointer

Jul 23, 2012
    Err same as biography
    Wasn't a hunting dog but some neighbors just down the road let their boxer out. When they went to get him in he wouldn't come. Went back out and he was split open and they had begun eating the insides. I hunt about a 1/4 mile from there. Honestly makes me slightly nervous when I go in anymore since this was just earlier this year in January.

6. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    If there ever was a hunting dog that could go toe-to-toe with a coyote it would be a Cur. I don't think my beagles would fair too well. With the rise in coyote populations undoubtedly we'll have more encounters with them. Unfortunately if they go after a dog it's because they know they have the upper hand and can kill it.

Those are some good looking Curs. I always liked a brindle Cur dog.

7. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    Those curs have some grit. My young walker hound is afraid of em. He has been chased a many of time back to the truck by them.