Dang Weatherman

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by HappyHunter, Apr 20, 2019.

1. HappyHunter

HappyHunter 8 pointer

Sep 11, 2003
    Louisville
  2. cedar creek

cedar creek 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2014
    Sat in blind , saw a hen, it sucked , tapped out at 10 , got cold on me

3. Meatstick

Meatstick 10 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    I was absolutely covered in snow by 9. Birds did gobble decent on the limb tho

4. T-wil69

T-wil69 10 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    Took the blind with us to set up this morning, no gobbling on roost but one did fire off a few times on the ground then shut up, drove around to check fields and seen one out where I hunt about 300 yards from the rd so I slowed down to use the Bino’s and he took off like he had been shot at

5. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    Im at work today. But i have been out in it most of the morning (hvac). Its nasty out. Hasnt stopped all morning in south central. An down right chilly. Only good thing is maybe it will prolong the mushroom season just a little longer. If there not already done where im at.

6. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Was gonna take my son but he tested positive for flu yesterday so we didn’t get to go. Felt pretty rough this morning.

7. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 10 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    I just got back in from the morning hunt. No gobbles. Seen 1 hen. Rain didnt set in as was predicted. But it was still cold and dreary out. Going to try for a evening hunt today if possible. Will definetly be out in the morning. Have a new piece of property to hunt..just a big field. But..birds are seen in the field, but ar random times and days. They have no routine in this particular field.

8. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    Weatherman. Only person wrong 50% of the time draws a check keeps his job.

Munson likes this.
  9. HappyHunter

HappyHunter 8 pointer

Sep 11, 2003
    Louisville
    Saw a break in the rain on the radar about 11 so I headed out. Was back by the lake on the farm i Hunt. Water was up and aluminum boat we keep back there was almost half underwater. Started to pull it up and threw my back out. Back at home on an ice pack. Really hate that weatherman.

10. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm back at it. There was quite a bit of gobbling this morning but nothing very close. We stayed till almost 12 and packed it up. Dad decided to sit this evening out and I wasn't in the blind 10 mins and spotted a couple toms about 400 yards away going around the hill. They didn't show much interest and kept walking. Last night I watched a group of birds from my truck come through this field going to roost. I'm hoping they come back in and decide yo come whip these decoys.

11. hollandhunter

hollandhunter 12 pointer

Feb 11, 2008
    Holland Kentucky
    I hope it warms up tomorrow. So the turkeys can fly out of the tree. At this rate the turkeys will be frozen to the limb till noon. They better be eating and less hanky panky if there gonns make it through this polar blast we got tonight. Haha

12. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    I know of two careers where you get paid for lying.
    Politician
    Weatherman

xbokilla likes this.
  13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Was supposed to be a nonstop downpour here in CKy but stopped about 7am and had just looked ugly all day. Heck I probably would have went this morning but I drive to my spot and it’s one of those things where you don’t want to get everything ready and get burned. This afternoon been on daddy duty so today is out. Might have to be sick a day or two next week.

14. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    In baseball your considered great if you only hit 30% of the time.

Nock and Carl like this.
  15. turkeyhunter91

turkeyhunter91 10 pointer

Apr 3, 2007
    I decided to try my strutting decoy again and I think i messed up. I had 3 toms come to 130 yards and they didn't like something I'm not sure what but I'm thinking it was the decoy, it seems like every time I have used it I will have birds act spooky towards it. Last night they was chasing each other around and I thought it would be a good choice.