Dang, no bucks

Iceman35

12 pointer
Oct 27, 2008
Boone County
One of my landowners said it sounded like a stampede from his barn with grunting and snorting about 8 last night. This would be about 200 yards away on top of a ridge.

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
One of my landowners said it sounded like a stampede from his barn with grunting and snorting about 8 last night. This would be about 200 yards away on top of a ridge.
I heard it from my deck last night. Also shined 2 bucks fighting like hell by my burn pile. Both about 100". Could hear their little antlers smacking thru the windows.
It sounded like a bike night after closing time at the bar, up on the ridge tho

Uscnoklahoma

6 pointer
Nov 12, 2013
SC
I agree. Something is off this year. Normally the first week of November is gold for me but this year I have yet to see a shooter. In past years I would've seen probably 7-10 by now. Either its early or late but its not consistent with the past few years.

bowhunter269

12 pointer
Nov 21, 2006
Fisherville, KY
I agree. Something is off this year. Normally the first week of November is gold for me but this year I have yet to see a shooter. In past years I would've seen probably 7-10 by now. Either its early or late but its not consistent with the past few years.
I've taken vacation for the 2 weeks prior to gun season for 25 years or so and hunt every day. I keep logs of my sightings and what they are doing. This year I've been on stand for 12 days in a row and seen six (6) bucks from my stand as of tonight. My lowest total in the last 25+ years is twelve (12) prior to this season !! While not scientific, it tells me something is different for sure. Obviously gun season can come in as early as the 8th and as late as the 14th so my vacation dates shift, but my numbers are up to the 7th of November.

Mar 4, 2018
Beattyville
I've taken vacation for the 2 weeks prior to gun season for 25 years or so and hunt every day. I keep logs of my sightings and what they are doing. This year I've been on stand for 12 days in a row and seen six (6) bucks from my stand as of tonight. My lowest total in the last 25+ years is twelve (12) prior to this season !! While not scientific, it tells me something is different for sure. Obviously gun season can come in as early as the 8th and as late as the 14th so my vacation dates shift, but my numbers are up to the 7th of November.
What part of the state u hunting? I’ve noticed things are different as well in eastern ky this year

Low Bird

6 pointer
Apr 4, 2005
ol man kelsey's crick
I’ve been hunting all week as well. Have hunted the week before gun season for as long as I can remember. Except for the years I was done in September. It has been slow. However, I can tell you it picked up this evening! I’m hoping tomorrow is the day! Get out there and good luck!

Low Bird

6 pointer
Apr 4, 2005
ol man kelsey's crick
I’ve been hunting all week as well. Have hunted the week before gun season for as long as I can remember. Except for the years I was done in September. It has been slow. However, I can tell you it picked up this evening! I’m hoping tomorrow is the day! Get out there and good luck!

Low Bird

6 pointer
Apr 4, 2005
ol man kelsey's crick

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I heard that same report from two other people that hunted this PM. Great to hear....

buzzbaiter83

10 pointer
Sep 9, 2005
In the woods or on the water
Here in the mountains things seem normal. Saw some does this pst weekend. Couple small bucks showing up making rubs and small scrapes. People are seeing bigger bucks still running together and feeding around their yards. It usually breaks loose between the 12-16 here so I’m anxious to see what happens. Then again on the western side of the county my brother in law watched two young 8s harass does all day. I think the big guys are still bedding and feeding til they get that first whiff of estrous here.

Deadbuck

6 pointer
Sep 8, 2011
I’m hunting a new farm and haven’t seen a single mature deer yet. Hoping the rut brings some good ones on the farm or it’s doe backstraps and buck tag soup for me

Latest posts