Dang Cingular issue!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by 12 pointer, Nov 6, 2014.

1. I quit gettting text yesterday from my Covert cam. I hear it's an issue with ATT in the greenville area. Bad dang timing!!!!

2. bluegilln

bluegilln 10 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    Bowling Green
    Its only the beginning.....and it's not just the Greenville area. They are nice when they are working though.

3. you having issues in BG?

4. bluegilln

bluegilln 10 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    Bowling Green
    It's AT&T. Covert has been great to work with but AT&T, well......that's a different story. They are "upgrading and making some engineering changes" is the story. Pretty frustrating. Just because they sign you up for "auto renew" doesn't mean it happens. I have to call every month and mine is paid up through August 2015. I really hope they solve the issues, I'd like to buy several more but I'm holding out until I get better service. Don't be surprised if your plan has changed without them telling you. Make sure when you call you have your "set-up" date and your pass code. Good luck.

5. I need help. On the third I think it was, my auto refill came out of my checking accout and all was well with my cam. It's been texting perfectly to email and phone for a month. Like Tuesday, my brother called me and asked if I got a bic of a shooter buck. I told him no. (Pics go to his phone as well) So, got me worried batteries were dying. I got to farm, change batteries that were on 3 level and force a text via other phone. worked perfect. later that night, got a few pics then nothing. after hunting today, checked and camera is still taking pics but when you try to restart, after like number 5 or so, I get the innfamour 3933 busy code and she shuts down. wit it working for a manth already, any ideas? I have the unlimited text ATT sim card in it. Pat, can you help here??????

6. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY

I had a very similar problem with my Code Black a few weeks ago.

I went to the AT&T store because I though the SIM Card had went bad as I have had that happen a couple times before. New Sim Card installed and same thing, while at the AT&T store I called Covert, they were great, stayed on the phone for probably 20 mins and even talked to the AT&T rep herself.

Long story short, they changed my $20 plan to a new $25 dollar plan and camera started working perfectly again. At the AT&T store I was told that AT&T had been making some changes to help prevent non approved devices from using their service.

Problem is almost always with AT&T! Hope you get it going!

7. bluegilln

bluegilln 10 pointer

Dec 23, 2011
    Bowling Green
    Yep. Network not recognizing it as a device that should send data. Take a deep breath. Call AT&T and have them "reset" your plan and verify your IMEI number to be safe. It seems to work better if you never send the camera a command. This is based on my experience only. If you question the camera is working correctly let it take and send a minimum of 5 pics of you of it before you leave it. I have not had this issue for about a month so hopefully AT@T is making the right changes.

8. Well, problem solved. I had it set up on auto refill and it did indeed refill, taking the money from my account. Problem was, when it refilled, it did not add the unlimited texting plan so as it took each pic, it quickly ate away at what it had just deducted from my checking account and shut down. The ATT lady reset it and at no charge. I am no longer on auto refill, I will take care of it. Phone working perfectly now. Thanks everyone.