Damncows anyway.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by skruske, Jun 1, 2019.

1. skruske

skruske Fawn

Oct 6, 2018
    Halfway USA
  2. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    OMG.
    I haven't had that happen .....YET, but if they can get a door open.... Look Out.
    I have had them eat my gloves that were lying in my Polaris Ranger and thoughly wash the seats down licking them for Salt.
    Horses and ponies will Eat the seats.

3. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    WOW, tear it down and start over. You'll never get that stink out.

4. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
  5. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I think you take out the subfloor, and strip down to studs they are going to be ok if the floor joists and framing aren’t damaged.

6. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I don't see ANY difference between those tenants than most Homo Sapiens , AKA Homo Neanderthal tenants .
    I have 45 acres down the road from me that had a old farm house on it . A older man and his wife lived there and rented the house. They both was always working at a factory in Winchester. . He lived there when I bought this piece of property . I thought the world of these two tenants , they were absolutely the best !!! Everything was kept mowed and the house was neater than my own home was.
    The mans wife became sick with hart problems . He asked me to take him to UK Hospital to visit his wife and I gladly did so . He did not know his way around to get to UK or anything about how to get to where his wife was at in UK . We spent several hours there and he finally was ready to go home .
    We left and I asked him and his daughter if they wanted to stop at the steak house and get something to eat in Winchester I said I am buying so we agreed to stop. About half way through our meal his daughter received a phone call to come back to UK. In short , we hurried back and his wife died a few minutes after we got there . After her death the older man got re married and the new wife wanted to stay in town , so he moved .
    Now I have rented to two different renters and one I just evicted a week ago because he was behind 3 months rent and on drugs bad . He never mowed his yard . I paid for trash pickup ( Thinking this would keep them from hiding trash under the house) and he still trashed the place and was only there for one year. He just picked out what he wanted that was any good and left trash all through the house. Dog crap all over the porch This is just one picture of many from just this last renter. I only get $350 a month for this house and if I did not need the money I would leave the house sit empty. From some rentals I have seen the cows are not much worse.
    [​IMG]

barney and Ataulbe1 like this.
  7. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I agree. I have a friend who owns significant rental properties. I would rather clean up behind those cows than some of the societal deadbeats he has leased to. It would be waaaaay more sanitary! The cows are easy.

barney, Ataulbe1 and bigbonner like this.
  8. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
  9. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Sell it outright sight unseen :D

10. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    There went the neighborhood.

barney likes this.
  11. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    Sometimes low rent attracts low class. Just saying. Raise the rent and youll likely see less of it

12. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Very true.

ojibwa62 likes this.
  13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Yeah but when you get into section 8 and guaranteed money....unexplainable filth comes with the territory. We tell our buddy all the time that he is no better than his tenants pertaining to goobermint welfare.....but he’s also getting ready to cash an obscenely stupidly large check once he sells the property. He will laugh his way to the bank and retire a multi multi millionaire

14. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    True for the most part..
    Back when I owned several properties I found that anything over $1000 and I had tenants that would take care of the place most of the time but not a given.. My properties that were $600 to $800 and it was a crap shoot as to how they would treat the property.. I sold all my rental properties because I got tired of dealing with renters..

kyhunter99 and OLE RASPY like this.
  15. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    Never have heard good stories from people who rent out property.

bigbonner likes this.