Dad's first bird

docbuck

10 pointer
Nov 28, 2014
western ky
My dad is 71, killed 1 deer in 1975. He has never killed a turkey, until yesterday that is. At 545 I was loading truck to head to Hartford to hunt a little and farm a little. I heard gobbling behind barn at home farm 100 yards behind my house. I put on my camouflage, grabbed my bow , and an ugly chicken and a hen. I texted dad and had him meet me at blind behind barn. I clucked, cut , and everything thing else I know for an hour to convince a nice 3 year old to get within seventeen yards of my dad. I will never forget the look on his face when he realized he had killed his first ever bird and with his crossbow too.. Great morning. We didn't have money, and he didn't have time to hunt when I was a kid, so this was truly priceless to me. I will post a pic later when I can, I am headed to Indiana farm to disk right now.

Stickem15

Fawn
Mar 24, 2016
That's great! My dad don't hunt but he went with me to Kansas and sat in blind with me when I killed my biggest rio! He was tore up lol

Apr 23, 2016
That's awesome. My most cherished memories are hunting with my Dad and sons. My dad is 80 and still hard at it. Congratulations to you and your father.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
My dad who will be 74 next month was with me yesterday when I took my first turkey in 6 years. Special having those dads with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

docbuck

10 pointer
Nov 28, 2014
western ky
20160423_065837.jpg
Finally got it to download