CWD Found in Tennessee

T-wil69

10 pointer
Jan 16, 2015
Was told that ky is shutting down deer and elk farmers the other day so that might be why

ojibwa62

12 pointer
Jul 1, 2018
NOTW
Friend of mine in Missouri said they cannot have mineral licks or bait / feeders for deer because of CWD.
Certain counties in Arkansas are that way as well. I believe MI is stopping all baiting used to allow limited baiting.. If it shows up in KY it will be over here as well. Good luck enforcing it though because many will continue to bait.. I personally can take it or leave it , mineral licks on the other hand I would hate to lose.

BowOnly

8 pointer
Mar 6, 2008
Certain counties in Arkansas are that way as well. I believe MI is stopping all baiting used to allow limited baiting.. If it shows up in KY it will be over here as well. Good luck enforcing it though because many will continue to bait.. I personally can take it or leave it , mineral licks on the other hand I would hate to lose.

Easier to enforce a total ban than the partial one we have now.

ojibwa62

12 pointer
Jul 1, 2018
NOTW
Easier to enforce a total ban than the partial one we have now.
Playing devil's advocate here.. what are they going to do, ban the sale of corn? Or maybe walk every farm and property in the state looking for corn? Here as example in north GA baiting used to be illegal but many people still did , many large leases and land owners had trough feeders and put corn and mineral licks out, now if you got caught there was a fine , the fine was different county to county but was just a fine. If it would have been a fine and loss of privileges for a time that might have stopped it.. but betting many still would have done it.

BowOnly

8 pointer
Mar 6, 2008
Playing devil's advocate here.. what are they going to do, ban the sale of corn? Or maybe walk every farm and property in the state looking for corn? Here as example in north GA baiting used to be illegal but many people still did , many large leases and land owners had trough feeders and put corn and mineral licks out, now if you got caught there was a fine , the fine was different county to county but was just a fine. If it would have been a fine and loss of privileges for a time that might have stopped it.. but betting many still would have done it.

Enforcing it would be no different than any other game law. Some will disregard it but the vast majority of hunters follow the rules.

Latest posts