Cursed farm?

FF/EMT516

8 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Blackrock, Ky
Yeah there’s several people that hunt neighboring farms. One of the fields we let grow up a little and only bush hog it once a year. The guy who cuts hay off the others isn’t much of a farmer and lets it grow up pretty bad and then round bales it. And who knows if people are there at night either, because there are a few different ways to get in there without driving by the house so anyone could probably come in there and nobody would ever know it. I’m down there once every few weeks or month leading up to gun season opening and I’ll put corn out and leave and my brother is the same way in his spot. I guess it could be anything causing it really and i dont know if I’ll ever figure it out. I just get so frustrated with it hearing other people shooting and wondering why we don’t see much.

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Predators
Exactly, mainly, 2 guys. Suffering same thing here on my farm (40 acres). I for the most parthave quit hunting it since my 14 year old grandson started hunting it when he turned 6. He has been killing 2 off it every year, and 3 last year, there is maybe 150 acres wooded that joins us. We still have plenty of sign, but under pressure deer get nocturnal. You can plant food plots, and enhance all you want, but they will just wait until dark when they know they are being hunted.

captfire

6 pointer
Oct 13, 2015
could be to much pressure going in and out to much i stay out of were i deer hunt as much as i can. when i do go in to move stands i do it after turkey season is over . when i go put corn out for deer its in and out no walking around get in and get out..

bowhunter269

12 pointer
Nov 21, 2006
Fisherville, KY
Should I just pick a trail and sit nearby? I’m open to any advice
I'm reading this late, but if there is plenty of sign (rubs/trails/etc) just spend time on stand. Hunt later in the mornings than you normally do, go in earlier in the evenings than you normally do. Sounds like the deer are there. Also, pick a spot where you can see more than one trail. Crossings and areas where multiple trails skirt a hillside are great spots. Good luck !!

CRFmxracer

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2010
louisville kentucky
I’m down there once every few weeks or month leading up to gun season opening and I’ll put corn out and leave and my brother is the same way in his spot..

how many different stands do you al have? Do you hunt the wind? If you only have 2-3 stands and don’t pay attention to the wind just hunt that could be it. I don’t decide where I’m sitting until I get to my farm and check wind direction. If you have rubs and scrapes all over the deer are definitely there.

FF/EMT516

8 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Blackrock, Ky
how many different stands do you al have? Do you hunt the wind? If you only have 2-3 stands and don’t pay attention to the wind just hunt that could be it. I don’t decide where I’m sitting until I get to my farm and check wind direction. If you have rubs and scrapes all over the deer are definitely there.
I have a box stand that I hunt during modern gun and a hang on stand in the same area. I’ve never been too good at picking out stand spots. Lol
And my brother has a tripod he hunts in gun season and then a hang on he bow hunts that’s in a different part of the field he hunts.