Cuddeback Troubles......

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by jeffd34006, Oct 5, 2005.

1. jeffd34006

jeffd34006 6 pointer

Sep 16, 2003
    Lexington KY, USA.
    I sent my Cuddeback back to the factory after 2 weeks in the woods and NO pics... :-( They said that it would be 35 to fix the software in the camera... I asked about upgrading and was told that would cost 150.... Now, I'm a little bent that the software for the camera failed and they are charging me to fix it.. Am I over-reacting or not? What do you guys think?

2. vajoe67

vajoe67 Spike

Dec 4, 2004
    grundy,virginia
    how long have u had it?i had problems with my first one i called cabelas thay just had me to send it back and thay sent me a new one.

3. jeffd34006

jeffd34006 6 pointer

Sep 16, 2003
    Lexington KY, USA.
    had it a little over a year. Bought it from a local dealer. I'm looking forward to hearing what they have to say. Did I tell you that they also sent me a card directing me not to contact them about it......

4. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    I just bought a Sony Handycam camcorder from Best Buy and upon opening the box it says "Do not take this camera back to the store where it was purchased if there are problems. Contact Sony Corporation." Or something to that effect. Just common industry standards I guess. Now Wallyworld on the other hand...:D

5. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    I bought two of the new 3.0 Cuddy's and both of mind have had software problems. One was sent back twice before they got it fixed now it runs flawlessly. Going to wait till the season is over before sending the other one back. You would think they have the bugs out before putting them on the market. :confused:

6. Brown Dogs Matter

Brown Dogs Matter 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    I've also got to send two Cuddeback cams back to the factory. The digital is one of the older ones (uses the Compact Flash cards), and the software is corrupted in it. This, after I used it fine last year, brought it in and put it up for the season. Now, I can't get it to do anything.

The other cam is a 35mm Deercam. It's worked flawlessly for two seasons, but this year, nothing.....It's going to cost me $50 + shipping to send them back, and I don't know when I'll get them returned. I'm considering abandoning Cuddback, and going with a different company. The Moultrie cams at Wal-Mart seem to have a good rep, and at $99, a good price.

7. foxbat21

foxbat21 6 pointer

Aug 24, 2004
    union, ky, USA.
    I think I'm through with Cuddy too.

I've only had poor service from them but the story is not complete.

My camera was purchased by my wife at Christmas last year and it worked great till Aug of this year. Then I started having power troubles. It would shut down after 1 or 2 days.

I call Cuddy 3 times, takes about 1 hour each time to get through. Lots of busy signals. They don't have an 800 line or e-mail contact. Same lady answers the phone everytime.

First 2 times I get transfered to voicemails and the 2 techs I left messages for didn't return calls.

The next day I'm irrate and voice my frustration to the same lady from following day. I tell her I need an RMA to send a $400 camera back!

I get a tech and he runs me through some checks and gives an RMA and I sent the camera off. That was 2 weeks ago and still no word from them.

too be continued.....

8. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Yep they do.....800-527-0305 :)

9. vajoe67

vajoe67 Spike

Dec 4, 2004
    grundy,virginia
    i wish wallyworld would have had the 99 buck cam befor i got the cuddy could have got 4 cams for the price of one and its hard to beat wallyworld on returns

10. foxbat21

foxbat21 6 pointer

Aug 24, 2004
    union, ky, USA.
    I wish I would have know that! It sure wasn't in or on the owner's manual.

I broke my Leupold Wind River binos and e-mailed Leupold. They responded a couple hours later to send them back. One week later, they sent me a new pair free of charge. The binos cost $320. That's customer service!

I know from my limited experience w/ Cuddeback, that I'm not seeing that.

I wonder if you get an hour or two of busy signals on the 800 line? like I did on the repair line!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  11. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    I always got right through with the toll free line. One of their techs gave it to me. Good luck. They are good camera's when they work right....:)

12. foxbat21

foxbat21 6 pointer

Aug 24, 2004
    union, ky, USA.
    I loved the thing till it started acting up. All my friends have film cameras and I liked just taking out the flash card and running to the PC to have a look.

With a $400 camera I would expect better service. Now that I have trouble w/ mine I find alot more complaints on the web. I had never thought to look for before.

I guess on Mon. I will call the 800 line and see if they will acknowledge getting my camera. I know they have Mr. UPS says they have!

13. jeffd34006

jeffd34006 6 pointer

Sep 16, 2003
    Lexington KY, USA.
    I have a Moultrie on the hill now. We'll see what happens w/ Cuddeback..

14. buckchaser

buckchaser 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2003
    Ky, USA.
    I had one of the deer cam film cameras and had to send it in for repair. It was still under warranty and it took 4 months to get it back. It worked perfect after that and probably still does for who ever stole it.

15. buckstopper2

buckstopper2 Spike

Aug 17, 2005
    Russell Springs Ky
    Hey buckchaser my deercam still works fine and I didn't have to send it back at all. Has worked good from day one.:)