crushing news!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by skin_dog1, Jul 15, 2012.

1. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

Found out today that I lost my best deer farm. While I havent killed a buck on the place it was the only consistent big buck spot I had. All of these pics came from it over the last few years. I pulled my cam today and prayed the whole time thta there wouldnt be a big buck on it. I can't even get to sleep for thinking about it. It looks like I'm gonna get into the leasing game.

I missed this stud last october just a few days after that scrape photo was taken. A week later my best friend shot him but didnt kill him. I had pics of him in '10 and '11 and can only assume he lived through the winter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had this big 9 point in my crosshairs 2 years ago during early ML but my camera man didnt have enough light to film. The big nontyp was never seen and both disappeared by dec never to be seen again. I had pics of both in '09 and '10.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DRS

DRS Banned

Mar 3, 2010
    Kentucky
    Skin_dog1, sorry to here you lost your lease. Sounded like you had a great place inwhich to hunt.

3. Masterblaster

Masterblaster 6 pointer

Dec 15, 2009
    Bath Co Ky
    I see you have the whitetail properties logo by your name, give those guys a call

4. hodges

hodges 6 pointer

Sep 19, 2010
    kentucky
    what was the cause of losing this farm ,sold or just leased to someone elsse?

5. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

It wasn't a lease. Just free access and they decided to let someone else hunt it....

6. skin_dog1

skin_dog1 BBBC Members

I work for whitetail properties now. Won't be in the market to buy anytime soon.

7. Rutin

Rutin 6 pointer

Jun 9, 2012
    OHIO
    That sucks man! Unfortunately leasing is what the hunting market has come too. Its becoming a rich mans sport....

8. hunting buddy

hunting buddy 12 pointer

Oct 23, 2010
    bg
    Sorry to hear that skin dog! If your looking I've found some leases, PM me if your interested

9. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    I'm living the dream too, Dave. Mrdux and I pulled 5 stands yesterday and are on the hunt for a place ourselves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  10. forddeerslayer

forddeerslayer 12 pointer

Jun 26, 2009
    greenup/lewis co
    Man guys, I do hate hearing that. Hope you all find better places then you lost to hunt.

11. trophy_taker

trophy_taker Fawn

Oct 13, 2010
    I'm looking as well if anybody needs an extra man on lease in central kentucky area or knows of anything.

12. KY_M_Mitch1991

KY_M_Mitch1991 6 pointer

Jun 24, 2012
    KENTUCKY
    Sorry to hear about that fellas.

13. Ash12

Ash12 10 pointer

Oct 21, 2007
    Sorry to hear that Skin Dog. Im afraid im going to be in your same position with a farm that I duck hunt. Best of luck on finding a new piece of property.

14. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    With the owners permission... I hunt the backside of an industrial park, about 250 acres, that stalled in development. I may have to vote for Obama because when the ecomony picks back up my wildlife mecca will be turned into factories and parking lots.

15. headoftheholler

headoftheholler 12 pointer

Oct 16, 2007
    Getshot, KY
    It always seems that the land owners that have permitted me to hunt over the years have been near death at the time I meet them. I have lost 5 great farms from old men passing away and the land being sold/inherited. My honey hole in Johnson county, the land owner died day before. The widow is adamant about me coming in and taking care of the "Garden destroyers" as she calls them. So hopefully I've got a few more good years in the honey hold. Always pays to have a 2nd or 3rd backup property. I just picked up 200 acres in Pike county that is loaded with sign, gated, and has 15 big bottoms which is rare for this part of the state. Found a really nice shed there yesterday + 6 ticks and a few snakes. The landowner of the new property owns the company I work for.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012