crushing news!

skin_dog1

BBBC Members
Jan 2, 2004
Bowling Green, KY, USA.
Found out today that I lost my best deer farm. While I havent killed a buck on the place it was the only consistent big buck spot I had. All of these pics came from it over the last few years. I pulled my cam today and prayed the whole time thta there wouldnt be a big buck on it. I can't even get to sleep for thinking about it. It looks like I'm gonna get into the leasing game.

I missed this stud last october just a few days after that scrape photo was taken. A week later my best friend shot him but didnt kill him. I had pics of him in '10 and '11 and can only assume he lived through the winter.
IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

I had this big 9 point in my crosshairs 2 years ago during early ML but my camera man didnt have enough light to film. The big nontyp was never seen and both disappeared by dec never to be seen again. I had pics of both in '09 and '10.
IM000007-3.jpg

IM000066.jpg

Rutin

6 pointer
Jun 9, 2012
OHIO
That sucks man! Unfortunately leasing is what the hunting market has come too. Its becoming a rich mans sport....

quackrstackr

Welcome to Fantasy Island
Staff member
Nov 19, 2003
The Island
I'm living the dream too, Dave. Mrdux and I pulled 5 stands yesterday and are on the hunt for a place ourselves.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Ash12

10 pointer
Oct 21, 2007
Sorry to hear that Skin Dog. Im afraid im going to be in your same position with a farm that I duck hunt. Best of luck on finding a new piece of property.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
With the owners permission... I hunt the backside of an industrial park, about 250 acres, that stalled in development. I may have to vote for Obama because when the ecomony picks back up my wildlife mecca will be turned into factories and parking lots.

headoftheholler

12 pointer
Oct 16, 2007
Getshot, KY
It always seems that the land owners that have permitted me to hunt over the years have been near death at the time I meet them. I have lost 5 great farms from old men passing away and the land being sold/inherited. My honey hole in Johnson county, the land owner died day before. The widow is adamant about me coming in and taking care of the "Garden destroyers" as she calls them. So hopefully I've got a few more good years in the honey hold. Always pays to have a 2nd or 3rd backup property. I just picked up 200 acres in Pike county that is loaded with sign, gated, and has 15 big bottoms which is rare for this part of the state. Found a really nice shed there yesterday + 6 ticks and a few snakes. The landowner of the new property owns the company I work for.
DSCF9464.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts