Cruises

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by supergoat80, Nov 25, 2019.

1. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    ,......anyway back to ocean going vessels with lots of people on them. Glad those that have gone made it back,......hope those that go have a safe return. Chance in hell you'll ever get me on one.

Capttrae likes this.
  2. thunderstorm

thunderstorm 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2001
    Did you snorkel in West Bay, Roatan? We plan to do that on our next cruise there.

3. katlynn

katlynn 6 pointer

Sep 20, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    We did the snorkel excursion with Jolly Roger Roatan . We had a blast with them. It was my first time snorkeling, my husband is an experienced diver and we both enjoyed it.

4. thunderstorm

thunderstorm 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2001
    Thanks. Wish we could dive, but wife can't swim. However, she loves snorkeling with her vest. We're going to snorkel on our own from shore.

katlynn likes this.
  5. perrymax

perrymax 10 pointer

Jun 6, 2002
    Bullitt Co, Ky.
    Been on 4 Carnival and 2 Royal Caribbean. Been with kids and without. Best bang for the buck as far as vacations go by far. The food is where you get your moneys worth. Never eat in those buffet lines. Go to the dining room 3 times a day. When at supper, order every entree and every desert. They have no problem with that. Get involved with every activity on board and take several excusions. You'll have a blast.

6. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Blue Iguana taco and burrito bar was the best food I had on the cruise.
    Dining room was nice too

7. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    After going with both, did you like one better than the other?

8. jmo

jmo 6 pointer

Apr 17, 2005
    Nicholasville
    Take a look at vacationstogo.com. It’s a clearinghouse for cruises. We’ve gone on several and you can find some remarkable deals on here.

9. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    I recall when I was about six, maybe 7 years old, my mom mentioned something about my dad and she were thinking of us taking cruise for a vacation during the summer. Being a product of 1963-64 TV, I was immersed completely in the TV WW2 shows they were airing, thus I protested this cruise idea because "the ocean was full of U-boats and mines floating around". I don't remember how my mom responded to this, but we wound up going to KY Lake and Ken Lake instead. LOL