Cronk Howler and Killer Call..

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by screamin6x6, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

Now Rich, did I ask for your two cents worth ;-) And since when did you join hte Primo's pro staff , LOL

Glad to see you finally made it in here. We been trying to sell off your cds every chance we get. Jimmie

2. CCP

CCP Fawn

Apr 6, 2009
    The great SOUTH
    Been reading here off and on and a member since 2009 (I think). Had to pop in and Razz you a little. Will it be you are AL that rats to Cronk and gets him over here.LOL!!!

3. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    Cronk registered today. :)

4. wked

wked 6 pointer

Nov 26, 2008
    West KY
    I've been seriously considering a Cronk killer call. With the luck I've had this so far this year it has to be something to do with the calls. I know it can't be anything I'm doing wrong!;)

5. Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk Fawn

Dec 24, 2010
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Semp and CCP,

Yes I am here to wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Jimmie,
    It is good to see you sir. I actually thought that you were dead, but you must have just been in Nebraska. LOL I hope you and your's have a Merry Christmas.

6. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    And Merry Christmas to you too, Rich.

7. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    Glad to see you made it here Rich and CCP. CCP that's a nice avatar you got. Rich needs to get him one on here too.

8. Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk Fawn

Dec 24, 2010
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Weedwalker,

Is my Avatar nicer than Semp's? (smile)

9. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

And a big Howdy to you old man ;-) I bet Rich dragged you over here for the heck of it to see what he could get started LOL

Better give yours a cigarrette cause I think he is done in ;-)

I aint dead yet, even though I am starting to stink the joint up a bit. Jimmie

10. weedwalker

weedwalker 10 pointer

Nov 27, 2006
    London,Ky
    Yeah. LOL. Looks like the Cronk howler did him in.:D

11. Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk Fawn

Dec 24, 2010
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Anyone who is not satisfied with a Cronk call, please feel free to contact me at cronkcalls@cox.net. If the call is defective, I will either fix it for you or replace it with a new one at no charge. :cool:

12. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    What did he do? Throw it at him? BWAAAA!!!

Just kidding. Don't get upset, Cronk. :)

I think I'll keep my howler. After all, Possumal says it is supposed to tone break. He makes his do the same. So I'll keep it and try to get it to break in a different spot. LOL

13. Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk Fawn

Dec 24, 2010
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Semp,

I have heard the Possum try to blow a howler before. Dentures make it tougher for people to "feel" the reed I guess. If that tone break is problem, I would be more than happy to fix it for you though.. ;)

14. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    Thanks for the offer but I'll just struggle on. I'll play around with it some more and see if I can solve the problem.

15. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    Semp, since we are all having fun with each other, nothing more, I'll just add in that I am not sure what a tone break is from your perspective. Do you blow it so loud that it makes the reed flutter like a clapper valve in a goose's a--, or does the tone change from mellow to high pitched, or the reverse of that, or is it you screaming out "Why can't I make this thing sound like a coyote?"

Rich, I started gummin' the reed some time ago, and it sounds like Gabby Hayes now, really messes the coyotes up who are fans of the old westerns. Then I took an old set of dentures, and had one tooth removed and half of the one next to it. Now talking about a howl! I can make it sound like a young, hot female experiencing her first shot of Jack Daniels while her boyfriend is trying to give her first shot of what's on his mind. Owooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -------woohooooooo!!!! Resulted in two pairs and three singles in the past week coming to see what was happening.