Crazy Hunt

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by skilch, Mar 7, 2016.

1. skilch

skilch 6 pointer

Mar 9, 2009
    Oldham County
    I have been hunting a farm for years and was told by theland owner that the "nasty" neighbor would never let anyone hunt his 600 acres. Well I met the "nasty" neighbor a couple weeks ago and after a nice conversation I had permission to hunt coyotes!

I headed to the farm late Sunday afternoon and set up in an open pasture against a water tank looking down a fence row. Put one call and decoy in the pasture 60 yards in front of me and another call on a fence post. I ran crow gathering on the Fury and started eastern cottontail on the Shockwave. Set the remotes down and looked up to see two yotes running at the decoy. That fast. I picked up the rifle to realize the scope covers were still on. The first yote picked up the decoy and bolted. I got off a shot at him and missed. The second yote ran across the pasture to my right and I got off a few running shots (love the AR). Quick check and I missed on all shots.

Still had about 20 minutes til dark and decided to stay put and let things calm down. After 5 minutes started coyote death and let it run. 5 minutes later and I look to my right and along the tree line 150 yards out I see a coyote. This time I didn't miss! Nice clean male.

I had two separate packs calling on either side of me as I walked out of the pasture. Give em a couple weeks and I will be back!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  2. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Nice to get a place like that where the Coyotes have never felt any hunting pressure. I does not surprise me that two Coyotes showed up so fast...they have never been shot at.
    Go back and kill about a dozen more. I bet that place will be crawling with them in late Summer after the pups get out and about.
    If he cuts a lot of Hay they will be in the hayfields just about dark in June.

3. Gioacchino

Gioacchino 6 pointer

Jan 20, 2016
    Kentucky
    Awesome hunt. I can't wait to go coyote hunting. Still working on getting my gear.

4. Glendale John

Glendale John 6 pointer

Good PR work makes the difference. Few landowners object to predator hunting.Unless the land is leased to game hunters. Nice work give it a week and return.