coyote hunting at night. What is legal?

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by deerhuntinginky, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

Pick handle between the eye's works pretty good ;-) Jimmie

2. duxdown 1

duxdown 1 6 pointer

Jan 9, 2009
    western ky
    night time

I understand your point ACEOKY but its harder to convince a biolgist that you kiled the thing today when it's core temp is the same as the ambient outside conditions. I heard of more than one Bioligist pulling out a thermometer and it always kept guy's a little more edgy I guess. I for one miss the check stations, always looked forward to stopping by and seeing what was going on and every now and then bragging you know:D

3. deerhuntinginky

deerhuntinginky Fawn

Oct 23, 2007
    Owenton, KY
    That settles it. When all else fails check the guide. Thanks for the link to the guide "FLYINLOW". Couldn't find a small game guide anywhere. That's why I was asking on the forum.

4. Like I said " I don't remember the specifics", but the cow could have been behind where the coyote was at and been shot. If lights had been used (and if you've used lights you'd know) The halo effect shows alot more than just eyes.

5. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    I can't say for the rest of the state, but I have NEVER (not ever.........UNLESS it was to be put into the "big buck contests" at various spots) seen a deer even looked at , while at a check station, and never even heard of the temp testing? It always went like this "what did you get"? Hunter " a little BB "

"OK then next "

It's always been about honesty IMO under either system and you just can't legislate honesty or common sense it seems

6. carter county cuckler

carter county cuckler 10 pointer

Nov 25, 2009
    Hitchins,Ky
    I use to see it done here quiet a bit on my end of the county by the wardens,thats why the poachers around here never did have the balls to tag in their big bucks at the check stations.Now that telecheck is available the same people every year tagging in a big one,and everybody knows they are poachers.I cant belive you aint never heard of temp testing before ACE.

7. ResidentCombo

ResidentCombo 6 pointer

Jan 14, 2006
    The only time I ever saw a biologist at a check station was a Quota hunt.