Coyote Hunt scheduled February 8th @ LBL

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Valley Station, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Valley Station

Valley Station Cyber-Hunter

Looks like Predator Masters is organizing a coyote hunt at LBL on February 8th. 2003. Hunters registered from all over the country.
    Take a look see at http://pmeasthunt.freeserver.com/
    Good luck to all.

2. AGR739

AGR739 Fawn

Nov 26, 2002
    Valley Station,

The link is not working. Post a new one; I'd like to find out more about this.

3. Valley Station

AGR739 ,

Sorry about that, try this.

Go to www.predatormasters.com ,
    then select The Forums,
    then select Calling In The East,
    then select the topic "Info needed .....,
    then select the web page address pmeasthunt.freeserver.com

4. Chet Parsons

Chet Parsons Fawn

Dec 26, 2002
    Kingston, TN.
    Valley Station, <b>thank you </b>

Gentlemen,
    I am one of the organizers of the Predator Masters Eastern Hunt. I have had several emails from members of Kentucky Hunting and wanted to thank you all for your interest.

The Predator Masters Eastern Coyote Hunt is going to be held at Land Between the Lakes (LBL). We will have a two day (Sat & Sun) hunt on February 8th and 9th, 2003 with members attending from across the country. We chose Land Between the Lakes because of it’s coyote population, large availability of acreage set aside for hunting, well marked roads and amenities.
    All we ask is that you are a member of Predator Masters, (there is no charge or fee for joining), follow the regulations set by LBL, the state in which you are hunting and conduct yourself as a sportsman. If you are not a member of Predator Masters please feel free to join us or just drop in and say howdy.

http://www.predatormasters.com/

Once in the Predator Masters website forum please see the “calling in the east” section. Look for the topic(s) on LBL east hunt posted by myself, coyotehunter_1. There you can make plans, ask questions and sign up to attend.

We have not designated any certain motel for those needing lodging, that is up to those attending but we do intend on everyone meeting Friday night the 7th, at a yet to be designated site on (or near) LBL. At that time we can meet and make final plans for the hunts on Sat and Sun. As a lot of you all know, LBL is located in both Tennessee and Kentucky, is near I-24, about 90 miles north of Nashville, Tn it is a designated national recreation area under the management of the USDA Forest Service ( See map on LBL site).
    This hunt is for coyote only (No limit on coyotes). Fox and bobcat can NOT be taken during the month of Feb. with centerfire firearms while hunting Land Between the Lakes. Centerfire firearms, rimfire firearms, shotguns, hand and electronic callers are all allowed during the month of February for coyotes. The 2003 LBL hunting regulations are posted on the LBL web site.

LBL hunting regulations link:

http://www2.lbl.org/lbl/RULESHunting.html

There is no entry fee for the Predator Masters’ Eastern Hunt, this is not intended to be a guided hunt, nor a calling contest but an informal fun hunt where members of Predator Masters can meet and try a location that has a large population of coyotes. If we can, we will try to pair up the more experienced hunters with the less experienced but we can not promise this will happen. Each hunter is responsible for his own success. A resident Kentucky, Tennessee or a non - resident small game license, either for Ky or Tn (whichever state you intend to hunt) and a LBL permit will be required by each hunter.
    Check our PM east web page for further details:

http://pmeasthunt.freeservers.com/

I hope everyone will learn something new, make some good friends, have a good time and maybe even relieve LBL of a few coyotes.

Good hunting,
    Chet Parsons aka coyotehunter
    Email; coyotehunter_1@yahoo.com

5. Valley Station

Chet,
    Many thanks to you and your organization.
    Hope the hunt goes well and becomes a yearly spring event.
    The LBL deer herds, turkey flocks and small game populations have been on decline since the arrival of the coyote to LBL in the late '70's. In particularly hard hit , was our Fallow deer herd. We used to hunt them every fall, but, not since the coyotes came. The fallow reproduction cycle is much slower( single fawn after 2nd season) and are smaller ,easier prey. They are barily hangin'on!
    Another note, don't be suprissed by some 100lb."yotes" showing up in the harvest. There was a study by TVA(previous stewarts)to release red wolves at LBL, official reports say that it didn't occur.
    Many of us believe, that some "do gooders have returned to the wild" some 98.5% hybred wolves to LBL.
    LBL is magnificent place to spend a spring day, have a safe and enjoyable hunt. "Pour it to 'um"!

6. Chet Parsons

Chet Parsons Fawn

Dec 26, 2002
    Kingston, TN.
    Valley Station,

100 pounds? I may need a bigger gun![:D]
    I have been in contact with Steve Bloemer, one of the biologists @ LBL, coyotes are becoming a problem there. They are interested in the results of our hunt, maybe some of the data acquired will help in the future. Ensuring a good deer and turkey population is one of their main priorities. You all need to come on over and help us do a little coyote control. [:)]

Good hunting,
    coyotehunter

7. Ky Headhunter

Ky Headhunter 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Peach Grove, Ky, USA.
    Have never been anyplace with as many coyotes as LBL. Killed one two years ago that really thought I was a hen turkey (guess my calling isn't as bad as I thought).

Something was checking me out from a distance this past spring, looked mighty large for a coyote but didn't stick around long enough for me to pull out the binoculars.

If you're backcountry camping, don't be surprised if they keep you awake most of the night.

Hope you have an enjoyable (& successful) hunt!

8. Chet Parsons

Chet Parsons Fawn

Dec 26, 2002
    Kingston, TN.
    Thank you all for the support! I hope we can thin out a few of those coyotes for the LBL hunters. From research acquired through biologists reports, there is a large population of coyotes on LBL. My calling partner and I did a scouting mission there this fall before deer season. It was our first time on LBL but I was impressed by the large number of the scat/tracks we found. We have a members from Ky who predator hunt on a regular basis, they keep telling me LBL is one of the hardest areas to call successfully. I don't know why those coyotes would react any different to a call other than maybe being more used to seeing humans. For those really <b>BIG</b> ones, I’ve thought about sticking my partner in a turkey outfit and using him as a decoy. :)

Good calling...
    coyotehunter