Coyote HB60 update

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by DEERMD, Mar 10, 2013.

1. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    That is correct.Nothing heard about a permit yet but rest assured there will be one.Make that money.

2. mike_b

mike_b 8 pointer

Aug 8, 2010
    Ledbetter
    They would let people hunt at night without lights? I wouldn't think so as its encouraging reckless endangerment if not wanton. I think the season would be feb - may for night hunting.

3. shadow

shadow Fawn

Dec 12, 2003
    Morehead, KY.
    No that is not correct, the night hunting season will be from 2/1 through 5/31 according to the fish and wildlife article in our local newspaper yesterday

4. hotdog

hotdog 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    Pike Co.,Ky
    I hope you are right,but if you read what they voted on is doesn't say you can't hunt them at night June 1 through January 31...You just couldn't use lights or night vision.

5. mike_b

mike_b 8 pointer

Aug 8, 2010
    Ledbetter
    Yeah and what is night vision? There are many active and passive kinds of imaging that could be considered night vision. Even a standard rifle scope *could* be considered night vision because they collect and intensify light more than the human eye can naturally.

6. hotdog

hotdog 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    Pike Co.,Ky
    This is what is posted on the Dep. Of F&W website,
    http://fw.ky.gov/app/news/newsdetail.aspx?id=1238

The way it is stated you would be able to hunt them at night with out lights or night vision equipment form June 1 through January 31...You read it and tell me where it reads they could not be hunt at night during those dates.

7. kycamtrakker

kycamtrakker 6 pointer

Feb 22, 2006
    what a waste of time......

8. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    And here I thought I'd be able to lamp them on a warm summer eve with my boys, for a bit of hunting in the off season. I'm dissapointed

9. DEERMD

DEERMD 8 pointer

Nov 21, 2003
    campbellsville, ky
    Your right I don't see that buy I'm sure kdfw can still write additional regulations to it.